Rare Units? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rare Units?

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

Rare Units?

I'm a newbie Dwarf general and I'm looking for some advice on the rare units. Pros and cons, personal favorites and Dogs of War units and where I can find info about them? Thanks all

2. Remove Advertisements

Barrie, Ontario, Canada
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

6 (x1)

dogs of war: ogres can be worth it for their fast movement, beyond that i doubt you can find a unit that is more useful than the dwarf rare choices

organ gun: a must if playing against skirmishers, flyers, fast cav, or tables with a lot of forests and such. Those auto-hits are the bomb and a dwarfs only real defense against skirmishers. they dont misfire that often either, and the re-roll is a lifesaver

flame cannon: an acquired taste, it is actually less prone to blowing up from a misfire than an organ gun, but isnt as accurate or reliable. It's strength is its ability to cause panic checks, and the flame template can cover a reasonable amount of troops. It can also fire to about 30inches with a lucky artilery die roll

gyrocopter: great against low toughness infantry and to block march moves, but vulnerable to shooting, magic and skirmishers. i rarely use them but they can be used effectively to hunt warmachines

personal favorite is organ guns, especially against lizardmen and beast of chaos and wood elves. and those poor pegasus knights....poof! Feathers!
    Oi! Get off me beard!

+ Reply to Thread