Hammerer conversion? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hammerer conversion?

So, I have a limit to what I can spend on units at the moment, but I want to participate in a campaign that starts in November. What I am wondering is if any of you have taken a box of warriors, outfited them with the GW's and then proxied them as hammerers?

I mean, just cause they are called "hammerers" doesn't mean they couldn't hammer the crap out of someone with an axe, right?

I figure I would buy one unit of warriors, and a unit of Hammerer comand, and that would give me 21 hammerers at about half the price of 20 actuall hammerer models. After I can afford the actual models, I would have 16 GW wielding warriors, which would probally become Longbeards.

What do you guys think? Is having a functioning group of hammerers important enough to proceed with a proxie in the short term?

Brogan

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Brogan Ironbrow View Post
    So, I have a limit to what I can spend on units at the moment, but I want to participate in a campaign that starts in November. What I am wondering is if any of you have taken a box of warriors, outfited them with the GW's and then proxied them as hammerers?

I mean, just cause they are called "hammerers" doesn't mean they couldn't hammer the crap out of someone with an axe, right?

I figure I would buy one unit of warriors, and a unit of Hammerer comand, and that would give me 21 hammerers at about half the price of 20 actuall hammerer models. After I can afford the actual models, I would have 16 GW wielding warriors, which would probally become Longbeards.

What do you guys think? Is having a functioning group of hammerers important enough to proceed with a proxie in the short term?

Brogan
    Your best bet is to look through your bitz box and outfit them with 1 or 2 handed hammers. You can also convert the 2 handed axes to hammers, with very little effort.

Make sure to give them the runic icons and such, to make them stand out.
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya, I saw a conversion where the 2 handed axes had been replaced with the heads from the large one handed hammer that comes on that blister. That would deffinatly work for me, but I only have enough of that particular bitz to make 7 of them. Guess I am going to have to ask around to see if my warhammer shop has any.

Thanks for the advice, have an ale on me.
    Brogan Ironbrow

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The single handed hammer would do fine as well if you cut the axe heads off and glued on the hammers.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    220 (x8)

You can also purcahse some greenstuff, and roll out little rolls of GS, making the heads of the hammers. A few little details like carved on runes when the hammer heads are partially cured, and perhaps plasticard "hold punch" chads to make the flared ends of the hammers, and teh job's a good un. You could even go plastic balls (like the type you get from kids BB guns) and just glue the chads to these...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Greenstuff... I haven't really messed around with it yet, but thats not a bad Idea. I will have to pick some up and see what i can come up with.

A toast to you for the helpful advice!
    Brogan Ironbrow

+ Reply to Thread