Slayer Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Slayer Army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slayer Army

Is it possible to have an army of almost all slayers?

Sorry if this is a really dumb question. Sorry I am a noob.

As a wise man once said, "Beards are great as doggie bags."

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

quik-quik, kill-kill! The bearded one's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    585 (x8)

There was something like that in the 'storm of chaos' campaign book I think, the slayer army of Karak Kadrin, but I've never seen that list.

With normal rules, it's not possible on so many levels.

- a slayer can't be the general
    - slayers are rare choices, with 1 ( or 2 ) you can never fill up all your points, unless you take 1 HUGE unit about 20 wide, slayers are unbreakable anyway xD
    - slayers are not core choices, you must have core choices!

But 1 thane, 1 dragon slayer, 2 small missile blocks, a cannon or something and 1 ridiculously large slayer unit 10 wide ( they are unbreakable, who cares about being flanked? ) is possible ^^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yea you can get rules for a slayer army but its not technically leagal except for in storm of chaos. But if you get army builder and your friends agree to it, it has the rules for a slayer army.
    We will remain, until the battle is won: BROTHERS OF METAL!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The bearded one View Post
    There was something like that in the 'storm of chaos' campaign book I think, the slayer army of Karak Kadrin, but I've never seen that list.

With normal rules, it's not possible on so many levels.

- a slayer can't be the general
    - slayers are rare choices, with 1 ( or 2 ) you can never fill up all your points, unless you take 1 HUGE unit about 20 wide, slayers are unbreakable anyway xD
    - slayers are not core choices, you must have core choices!

But 1 thane, 1 dragon slayer, 2 small missile blocks, a cannon or something and 1 ridiculously large slayer unit 10 wide ( they are unbreakable, who cares about being flanked? ) is possible ^^
    How would you get a huge slayer unit 10 wide? Do you just imagine or are there places i can buy one?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There was one in storm of chaos as has already been said but i suppose you could paint some dwarfs hair orange, put loads of slayers and ask if you can have a Daemon/Dragon slayer as your general. If you can find rules for the goblin hewer you could even have the artiliary.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    117 (x3)

I have to add that slayers are in the slot of special choices, not rare ones, so also a regular army list can contain several slayer units.
    It ain't easy bein' green... :-)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    585 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Orkbert View Post
    I have to add that slayers are in the slot of special choices, not rare ones, so also a regular army list can contain several slayer units.
    they are? Must 've confused them, because they are on the page left of a page with rare choices. So apparently dwarfs have 2 character pages, 2 core choices pages, 1 rare page and 3 special pages. I've confused them for quite some time now :p ( but I sence a slayer unit in my 1000 pts army coming up ^^ )
    Last edited by The bearded one; November 29th, 2008 at 13:08.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Butterz View Post
    How would you get a huge slayer unit 10 wide? Do you just imagine or are there places i can buy one?
    An interesting tactic to try is to get a large unit of slayers (up to 20 does the trick) and deploy them in a long line in one of your corners. It means you can hold a corner really well, whilst your main army does the shooting and chopping. If you're far outnumbered (eg, by orcs), then it can hold off two-three units when it works, and the only way to advance is by killing off all the slayers, which, if the unit is big enough, can take a while.

This is completely legal btw, as the rules only state that every rank but the last have to have the same number of troops in it. If you only have one or two ranks, then it's legal.

Quote Originally Posted by Orkbert View Post
    You beat me to it. The dwarf rare units are all artillery in some way or other.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

585 (x8)

Seeing as slayers are special choices, it is quite possible to have a slayer heavy army. Just throw in 2 blocks of warriors and a cheap thane, and fill it up with a dragon slayer as your second character and 3 slayer units ( or 2 bigger 'uns ).

And to top it off, get that goblin hewer with it's slayer crew as a rare choice ^^

+ Reply to Thread