Dwarf Gunline - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dwarf Gunline

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dwarf Gunline

Hi im kind of new to dwarfs and keep hearing the term gunline used ive tried making a few army lists but in all the games ive played i keep losing or getting losing draws and im just sick of losing all the time so i thought i would try out a gunline and see how it goes

however i dont actually know what i gunline involves. I expect it involves lots of shooty units but in what kind of ratio to cc units. So if you would be kind enough to explain what kind of units to put in a gunline that would be great and how to go about playing with it

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My "gunline" consists of 2 units of 10 thunderers, 2-4 bolt throwers with engineers(as many str 7 and flaming as possible) and 2 organ guns, or 1 organ gun and a gyrocopter. This is a very deady combo but will get docked from comp if you run it in a tourney. Not many people like to see that much shooting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for 2250 I run this:

Dwarf lord on shield bearers with master rune of sttel, rune of preservation, and master rune of spite. 289
    18 Hammerers with full command 246

Thane with BSB with master rune of stromni redbeard and rune of courage
    19 Ironbreakers with full command. rune of battle and rune of stoicism and an oathstone327

Runesmith with shield master rune of ballance and rune of spellbreaking 147
    19 warriors with full command and shields 196

That takes care of you hand to hand.

2 squads of 10 thunderers bare bones. 140+140=280

12 quarrelers with great weapons and a veteran 166

1 cannon 90

1 organ gun 120

1 gyrocopter. 140

Basicaly you position the quarrelers out front in the middle with the gunners on a hill behind them. your Ironbreakers will normaly have an 8 combat resoultion before any blows are dealt and be immune to fear and terror. your hammerers are also immune to fear and terror and stubborn with a nigh indestrcutable dorf lord. I ussually place the IBs on one flank with the hammerers and warriors on the oposite flank. The quarrelers line up straight across to get all 12 shots until something gets close enough to charge. Then they taste your great weapons. Odds are you will lose the ombat and get overrun. Leaving the enemy wide open for a flank. You get 6 dispel dice and your opponentt loses 1 spell dice. This army has worked really well for me and has only had trouble with other gunlines.

EDIT-
    The gyrocopter is there for marchblocking. Its not great in hand to hand and its steam gun is ok. Its real shinyness comes from keeping your guns firing.

+ Reply to Thread