Have to vent: Leadership 9 - HAH! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have to vent: Leadership 9 - HAH!

As a reformed Orc and Goblin player, I'm about to chuck my dwarves across the game store...

It's become a standing joke at my FLGS that when I need to roll leadership, you can count on seeing at least one six and one five.

Last game vs. Dark Elves... longbeards charged by cold ones... failed fear test on an 11, but outnumbered the cold ones so we stayed to play.

Won every round of combat, eventually broke the two units attacking them... pursue roll was too short to destroy them.

Eventually got charged again, whittled down slowly due to my flank protection failing a fear test and fleeing not far enough from the cold ones.

Eventually, Longbeards lose the combat, and fail break test twice.

ARGH!

My dice are filling up my book of grudges faster than my enemies are.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    451 (x8)

the dice gods are fickle things. i propose you purchase new, personalised non GW dice with a good dwarfy logo. then before the next game sacrifice the old dice to the gods, blessing your rolls to come!

spambot kill tally: 79

[16:19] <@Alzer> Arky's right though
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> I know he is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> He usually is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> Sometimes it's intentional.
    ----
    [00:01] <+zubus> i love you, ya skirt wearin nothern monkey! ^_^

The Fabulous Pyramids and Necropolis of Lost Lybaras
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    78 (x1)

Hi Troy! I know well the feeling of watching your elite troops flee from combat and get run down. I am a terrible general, but it doesn't help when I roll 10s for my Bretonnian Knight's break tests or 4 for their flee movement on 3 dice. Tonight my knights of the realm were chased off the board by 5 dark elf harpies...

So depressed...lol! I think I am psychic. I'm so sure I'm going to blow my leadership tests that it actually happens...statistically this is messed up, ha ha!

Well, talking about it is the first step of being able to laugh about it Thank you for the topic, and may the Goddess of Victory smile on you for a change!

Frankie

King of Curiosity AltheAlchemist's Avatar
    547 I'm Not Telling You Where i live street! in the town of Don't Even Try to Find Me
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

In the last few games I've played with dwarfs, most of my leadership rolls were perfect but my canons kept on misfiring! Yep, dice have a sense of humor and love it when they fool you into liking them!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x1)

this is my history of dice.

my organ gun has now blown up turn one for my last 8 games.
    My grudge thrower has hit it's target every turn for the last 3 games.

i have rolled double 6's for every leadership test taken 2 games ago.
    I rolled 13 dice for armor saves on iron breakers.(skaven irresistible) so needed 3+, i rolled 10 1's and 3 2's.

in 40k, needed a 6 to wound a target, took 87 dice rolls to get the 6 i needed. (was against a sentinel with my marines) was in CC with it from turn 1 all the way through to turn 7.

on the other side, with my orks (6+ armor save) i had to take 10 saves, i saved 9 of them. have also only failed 4 boss pole armor saves in about 2 dozen games.

the Dice god's are fickle masters.
    Painting: 20 quarrelers

King of Curiosity AltheAlchemist's Avatar
    547 I'm Not Telling You Where i live street! in the town of Don't Even Try to Find Me
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

In the past 13 games I have had the last turn because of bad dice rolls for initiative! Last time I even rolled a 5 but my opponent rolled a 6!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

seems like the dice gods are always with me

for the many many games ive played as dwarfs i almost never get a misfire on my organ gun

and if you want to start a conspiracy check out

A scientific study of dice, thats how i roll
    AVE SATANAS! TK 3k army (W/D/L)(2/1/0)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    84 (x3)

My first game i almost blew the cannon up, while all my leadership test have been in favor for me. Its great when things go wrong with your opponent, but not very fun when the tide changes and you get horrible dice rolls.
    World Eater and Blood Angels striped 8/28/10

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x1)

got a new one, had a unit of thunderer's infront of a canon, also beside a unit of hammerer's and a unit of quarrelers infront of them.

hh tttttttt
    qqqqqq Can

thunderer's were destroyed by the unit of knights that had charged them.

because they were destroyed, all units with 6" take panic right? well my canon failed it's moral and ran off the board, my hammerer's also failed their moral and ran off the board, runing through the quarrelers which ALSO failed their moral and ran off the board.

to top it off, in that same match, my grudge thrower (with master engineer) rolled missfire twice on the first turn and rolled a 1 so it blew up, my canon got 1 shot off (which over shot btw) before it rolled a missfire for the remainder of the game (the run off the board happened on turn 5) and my organ gun also missfired every turn but thankfully did not blow up, so i rolled 12 missfires out of 13 rolls with the artilary die.

summary, 12 of 13 artillary die missfires, failed 3 9+ leaderships in 1 turn.

ya it was a bad game...
    Painting: 20 quarrelers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the commiseration!

I'm noticing that I roll fairly random everywhere except leadership. That's usually a 10 11 or 12.

Same thing when I play my orcs... only time I roll ones are on animosity checks.
    Last edited by Troy; May 7th, 2009 at 13:51.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast