Iorn Breakers Or Hammerers - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    451 (x8)

im torn between these two units for my 2000 points list i have a good force of warriors and crossbows so i need a powerful dominating unit to give my army a hard hitting edge

spambot kill tally: 79

[16:19] <@Alzer> Arky's right though
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> I know he is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> He usually is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> Sometimes it's intentional.
    ----
    [00:01] <+zubus> i love you, ya skirt wearin nothern monkey! ^_^

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x3)

If you plan on having your lord join the unit I would say Hammerers 100%.
    If you have your lords off doing something else then Iron breakers can be hard as nails, Even then I would be 50/50 because I love great weapons in dwarf armies.
    -GM
    I put the Laughter back into Slaughter.
    Sons of Prometheus <click>
    Children of Murder <clic>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    171 (x6)

I had the same choice myself and I went with Iron Breakers just because they have such a great armor save.

Iron Breakers can be just as good as Hammerers with the right set of runic banners, even better actually.

In fact, I use Iron Breakers and Long Beards and I don&#39;t even own any Hammerers yet.

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

I&#39;d say it&#39;d depend upon what you want them to do, holding hard hitting units IBs would be the best. Their high armour means that the should get a save aginst most attacking units.

And hammerers will be good against many outnumbering units.

But all in all I&#39;d say hammerers (big fan of GWs), the GWs will give you a better chance of breaking the unit. Higher S easier to wound etc, and thus the stubborn ability will come into it&#39;s own.

And yes the IBs could be made into a good holding unit, but will be expensive. The extra runes cost will make a unit of 20 cost 300pts+, expensive. Though with RoCourage and a large enough unit, it should see through most attacks.

KU

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Frankly, I prefer LongBeards. They&#39;re cheaper than Hammerers and they&#39;re Immune to Panic, which does get quite useful now and then.

W/D/L

Dwarfs 1/0/0 (Reset due to new rules)

Space Marines 0/0/0 (still under construction)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with FlatFeet, Longbeards rock. I suggest that you get them over either of the pre-mentioned two. Also, the Hammerer models are all posed the same, which is a real put off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<_< I think iron breakers i just cant say no to 2+ save in combat for gromial armor, shield+hand wepon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you might as well be comparing a gyrocopter to a stone thrower. IB really shine against elite armies who rely on hard hitting infantry in smaller numbers to beat the opponent. This means against lizardmen chaos brettonians, IB are awsome. However they really are horrible vs horde armies,where their low hitting power means the enemy can usually simply overwhelm them with combat resolution and flanking. Hammerers are for holding the line,pure and simple. They fare pretty decent against elite infantry,but really shine by beating down the opponent and never running. Personally i love the Hammerers,as my opponents are races such as vampire counts,skaven and dark elves.

As a sidenot,longbeards simply are second class. At LD9(10 within generals range) panic is almost a non-existing problem. Your so hard you wont take panic tests from shooting often,your other u nits will almost never be destroyed completely,and if you place them right they wont get flanked. On the other hand,since your so likely to take a charge instead of giving one,combat resolution in the first round is very important. So the hammerers special rule really is worth its weight in gold compared to immune to panic.

Closed Thread