Gyrocopter vs. Pegasus Knights - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gyrocopter vs. Pegasus Knights

New to Dwarfs and my regular opponent for now will be Bretonnia. How would a gyrocopter fare against a Bret army with a unit of 3-4 pegasus knights? Would you still use one? If so, how? I assuming the two of them are bound to go head-to-head at some stage.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The gyrocopter's primary roll is march blocking and harassing large blocks with its template. You don't charge it into hand to hand with anything except war machine crews. I don't think you can march block flying units so the gyrocopter would really not do very much against Pegasus knights at all.

Now an anvil of doom will make pegasus knights useless. Making them unable to fly with their movement value of 4.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by vote4pedro View Post
    Now an anvil of doom will make pegasus knights useless. Making them unable to fly with their movement value of 4.
    Pegs have M8. Also, they are still skirmishers when grounded so are still a pain in the beard to tie down and keep away from warmachines.

If the opponent has Peg Knights and you have a Gryo make sure you either remove the Pegs with Bolt Throwers or avoid them with the Gyro (you need your Gyro alive to march block and divert the big knight lances).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My mistake, I was looking at the rider's movement value.

LO's unofficial Jester Visitor Q's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    377 (x8)

Maybe tool up a Master Engineer with various Armour runes to hold and deal with the Pegasus Riders.

-Entrenched War Machines deny charge bonus such as lances.
    -Master Engineer can have a Rune of Stone and Master Rune of Spite for a 3+ Save followed by a 4+ Ward Save or Master rune of Gromril followed by Rune of Resistance.
    -Equip with Great Weapon.

-If you want to go overboard you could give the war machine one 'Practical Rune' (Rune of Forging etc) followed by the rune that gives +1Cr to War Machines.
    "God is dead" Nietzsche- 1886
    "Nietzsche is dead" God- 1900

Why are there scams? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q71FLDIMBc8

+ Reply to Thread