Facing the New Lizardmen - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Facing the New Lizardmen

I will be facing the new Lizardmen for the first time in a couple of days. I believe my opponent is testing/tweeking his list for tournaments so we will be running 2250 point lists.

I can run just about anything, just not quite sure exactly how to handle the new Lizards as I have not had a chance to even look at their new codex or read up on them. Any thoughts or comments would be helpful. I want to make this challenging for him so he gets a good gauge of his army.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a lizard player the things I don't like to see in the HE army across from me are:
    Bolt Throwers - Kill Steggies and wipe out Skinks or Terries or Sallies
    Star Dragon - If I have my Slann I can usually control him with Beast Cowers, but otherwise I don't like it.
    Dragon Princes - They don't care about Salamnder breath and are tough in CC
    Phoenix Guard - If they make it to combat they seem to be a bit more leet than our troops.

Overall I think HE vs. Lizardmen is a good matchup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    84 (x3)

Jormi_Boced, he is playing a dwarf army and not a high elf one. I have yet to play a lizardman army myself but i would like to know how it goes.
    World Eater and Blood Angels striped 8/28/10

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

As a Lizardmen player, the thing I would be most afraid of from the dwarfs is a good refused flank set up that sits immobile (bar shuffling to redirect charges). Also, bolt throwers and organ guns shooting up Stegadons is not something to make many Lizardmen players smile.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a good artillery army would be good to run though if he goes heavy magic you may struggle alittle to an engine (not sure what he will field of course but probably an engine) snipe teh priest if he fields one and then just let em come to you.

remember dwarfs can outgun almost any army. use that to your advantage and make him come to you. then beat through solid CR
    AVE SATANAS! TK 3k army (W/D/L)(2/1/0)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lizardmen

There is a guy near me that plays a 4 stegadon army with engine of the gods on two of them and priests on all of them ... a small unit of skinks and i think two units of saurus ... he will sit back and magic as much as he can .... even when i load for bear against magic it hard to protect my artillery against him. And then when he does cross the board, or I do the impact hits hurt.

Any ideas?? Please!

Elghost

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

master engineer on a runed out cannon will eat stegs for breakfast
    AVE SATANAS! TK 3k army (W/D/L)(2/1/0)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Savage_Justice View Post
    master engineer on a runed out cannon will eat stegs for breakfast
    But such a souped up cannon costs alot, and can silenced by tieing it up with a few terradons (the terradons won't win, but they won't flee for a while either).

A few lucky ward saves, randomisation saves (on a 5-6 only a single skink is hit by the cannon), 1s to wound or low random number of wounds rolls and the Steg will live though the cannon shots anyway. Weight of fire is better I think, lots of RoPen BTs with engineers are the best for Steg killing IMO.
    Last edited by kroxigor01; June 5th, 2009 at 01:42.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    744 (x8)

watch out for anchent steggs. Giving evey unit withing 12" a 5+ ward against shooting can really hamper dwarfs. Shoot these stegs first! My suggestion would be to use mass fire as kroxigor. I dont play dwarfs but have played lizardmen so many times and its often the end of a steg is a cross bow or hand gun.
    "Should take you a while though because of your sloth like pace"
    Click here and watch Gedderz try and cross the road

LO's unofficial Jester Visitor Q's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    377 (x8)

Bolt throwrs to kill the Stegadons and heat seeking Grudge Throwerrs to destroy the Saurus Warriors.

Against a 4 Stegadon magic army I would seriously consider taking MAster Engineers and Rune Smiths for character slots. And just a ton of runes of spell breaking (two runesmiths with three each combined with the six dispel dice (at least) you generate should be enough.

As for Artillary I begining to think Grudge Throwers and Bolt Throwers are the most cost effective.
    "God is dead" Nietzsche- 1886
    "Nietzsche is dead" God- 1900

Why are there scams? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q71FLDIMBc8

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast