Runic weapon and great weapon - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    quik-quik, kill-kill! The bearded one's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    585 (x8)

Runic weapon and great weapon

I've looked in my small rulebook but couldn't really find anything about it, so might just as well ask here. Can I give my thane both a great weapon and a runic hand weapon?

I was thinking about a cheap rune weapon to kill monsters while not sacrificing viability against normal rank and file, or enemy heroes. But it would mean my hero would only have strenght 4 against enemies with T4 or lower. So I wanted to make it a great weapon but because the combo is for small point matches, the master rune of kragg the grimm would already make it too expensive. So: Can I give my thane a great weapon and a runic hand weapon, and switch between both as needed ( obviously not switching in the same combat ) ?

Thane:
    shield, gromgril armour with rune of stone
    hand weapon with rune of might and rune of fire
    Great weapon

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They cannot according to Dwarf Rulebook.

Page 43 - 2nd column, 1st paragraph under "Number of ruinic items"

quik-quik, kill-kill! The bearded one's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    585 (x8)

ah,

well spotted

dowh! ><

I guess I'll need to spend 20 pts more to use it as great weapon then. Well noticed anyway, that one little line there, worth a rep.

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Well technically you have that away. All models come with a hand weapon, and keep it unless an option displaces it for another item. But, the rules concerning magic weapons also apply to runic ones - as in if you have a magic (runic) weapons you must use it. Any non-magic weapons brought for the character would just be a backup in case the magic one was destroyed.

Kuffy

+ Reply to Thread