Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
I have played now 5 games using at least one organ gun. I play a basic gunline list taking quarrelers over thunderers. The list contains a very solid magic defence and a unit of miners. Basically the army sits back and shoots them down. Right now my organ guns have over the course of those 5 games have scored over 500 points of kills per gun per game. So, what I am thinking is that organ guns are ridiculously strong. I have not yet lost a game with it.
I killed half a unit of Chaos Knights with one shot and then survived the final one in the charge for two rounds of combat. Now I feel these are seriously underpriced but I am not complaining. I am just trying to figure out how to fit one of these in a non-gun line list without having a considerable amount of fire or magic aimed at it. With a gun line you have enough to keep some fire apart.
Has anyone else had any experiences with organ guns because I find them dead fun.
My favorite experience is when my single Organ Gun wiped-out a whole unit of Khorne's Chosen Chaos Knights, leaving only the Exalted Champion who had joined them
Other than that, I don't remember anything special...they mostly got low Artillery dice results (back then, 6th edition's Dwarfs were on, so no re-rolling the dice :/)
Necrons W0/D0/L0 Dwarfs W10/D2/L6 (8th edition)
Organ guns ftw. Look at it this way, it's a rare choice, can't have runes and has a considerably higher chance of exploding than our special choice warmachines. It's also one of our few viable defences against skirmishes, units of knights ( without having to shoot them 1 by 1 with bolt throwers ) and everything that's hard to hit with BS. We need it. I can't imagine thinning down enemy units with 10 - 20 potshots a turn with quarrelers and thunderers, because usually I only hit half of the rolls, then 3 or so wound and some of them are saved.
Organ gun is the thing we need to keep away pretyt much everything. These are the things I killed with it:
- an entire unit empire knights ( and the warriorpriest paniced, didnt rally and fled off the table )
- an entire unit marauder horseman, and considerable damage to a unit of chaos nurgle knights.
- an entire unit of cold one knights ( more than once )
- an entire unit of cold one riders ( the lizard guys , he tried to keep them behind cover for my organgun but too bad I could still see a small bit and whack, entire unit gone )
- skirmishers, thousands of skirmishers. Skinks, wood elfs, shades, squighoppers, beastmen, you name it.
- blocks of all descriptions. From skeletons to great swords to saurus warriors. I once killed 9 orcs of a 20 strong block and they fled in panic
- a giant
- light cav. a unit of outriders in 1 shot, marauder horsemen, dark riders..
I can't imagine dealing with all this stuff with BS3 0o