Fun Idea - Ricochet Rifle - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fun Idea - Ricochet Rifle

double post! sorry!

Last edited by theslave; March 26th, 2010 at 17:05. Reason: double post

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x4)

I can't say i like it. Just on the complexcity of it alone puts me off. The asumption alone that the shot will hit another enemy in the unit makes it unworkable as an idea, and the mechanics wise its realy time consuming. The richocet rifle takes away from one of the dwarfs bonuses with handguns (+1 to hit), as after the first hit its ricochets auto hit.
    We would be better of with something akin to the empire repeat hanguns. 24", 3 shots at S4 and armour piercing, now add the dwarfs +1 to hit and its better all round.

It was a good idea though and alot more imagenative than some of the recent stuff GW has pushed out recently.

I'd rather see a one use grenade launcher, like the kind where you strap it to the end of the gun and fire it that way. A Dwarf sniper rifle like the hochland would also be deserving of consideration, (as long as you could still use the engineers abilities even fireing the weapon,) especialy as the hochland can target a differnt unit to the unit its in. So you could fire your cannon/bolt thrower/etc at a unit then snipe a seperate wizard or somthing with the engineer.

Once again nice try though. Keep the ideas coming.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the input. i hear you on it being complicated, but i also figure the dwarves should have a full array of strange and powerful black powder weapons. the 'ricochet' idea would be from the bullet being made of something that resonates energy when struck, giving it that bounce. what if it was a one use only, or a type of war machine? what if it still had to hit with each recoil? granade launcher and sniper rifle would be nice, maybe even weapon teams like skaven and chaos dwarves with something nuts. i don't know, just brain storming.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x4)

Personaly, although i dread it, i see the Blood Bowl Death Roller or similar tank weapon making a possible entry to the rare section of the next edition of Dwarf army books.

As for the Ricochet rifle, you would be better just rolling to hit as normal, then rolling a D6 to see how many hits you get, bit like a magic missile but with the added stage of having to initialy hit the unit your firing at. It would vastly simplify the effect i think your trying to produce. Then roll to wound as normal.

Just need to remember dwarfs dont trust new fangled machines and once something works they dont like to change it. Thats why empire have gone on to make cruder but more powerfull (and dangerous) war machines whislt the dwarfs have more reliable gear.

+ Reply to Thread