Librarium Online Forums banner

Un Fair Undead

2K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  Abbadon 
#1 ·
:realmad: i know this undead player who feilds in 500pts 3 necromancer 1 whith the book for movement and another with a item that gives him 1 more power dice which makes !9 casting dice! :eek: oh yeah and some gouls ?how do you beat that? :hmm:

#2 ·
Im not sure about ghouls, but I'm pretty sure that the rules for border patrols (500 pts, rules on games workshop's website) say that you can only have one hero in a 500 point game, so that should help a lot with your fighting him. (How does it give 9 casting dice? im thinking 2+1+1+1+1 = 7 power dice...)

#3 ·
each necromancer is a level 2

2+2+2+2+1 for the item. = 9.

#5 ·
heres how you beat it ...... dont

with that bmany casting die just dont try it is stupid adn his list will be so buggared that he will not have any CC abilatly just steam roller at him and jst despell the nasty spells.

#7 ·
Yeah, you have to make him play border patrol, a border patrol makes 500pt games more fair.
It levels the playing field of all the different armies for a 500 pt game, cause otherwise the balancing that worked with larger numbers of armies ceases to work properly.

Ah, lvl 2.. right... i saw "3 necromancer 1 with..." and thought "3 necromancer lvl 1"

#9 ·
one doomseeker will shred most undead units. you hit first and will almost defintly wipe out the front rank, and most if not all the ranks around that. which means theres no one to hit you back. you win on combat reslution usally. if not..your fearless... you dont run. if you do, even more undead die. ive lost a full unit of 30 skells to ONE of them.

#10 ·
Don't come here whinging, when the answer could've already came and wacked you in the face with a wet newspaper.

Since he has NO decent fighting unit/ character. he is going to be stuffed in combat. allocate as many attacks onto the necros when they're in b2b if they're in combat. Or if they're roaming around alone shoot them with your cannons or gyrocoppter steam cannon.

#11 ·
Originally posted by Red Man@Sep 15 2004, 19:18
Don't come here whinging, when the answer could've already came and wacked you in the face with a wet newspaper.

Since he has NO decent fighting unit/ character. he is going to be stuffed in combat. allocate as many attacks onto the necros when they're in b2b if they're in combat. Or if they're roaming around alone shoot them with your cannons or gyrocoppter steam cannon.
[snapback]213550[/snapback]​
red man its 500pts so i cant get a gyrocopter (its rare and you cant have rare until 1000pts ) and i dont have a canon he dosent do combat with the necros and he keeps them behind a hill/forist so i cant shoot them

#12 ·
actually you can have a gyro copter it stats that you can only have one rare in less than 2000 points it doesent say anything about none in 1000 points :hmm:

#13 ·
Originally posted by The Arklite@Sep 18 2004, 06:23
actually you can have a gyro copter it stats that you can only have one rare in less than 2000 points it doesent say anything about none in 1000 points :hmm:
[snapback]214885[/snapback]​
sorry i missed that but still 1 strength 3 hit at -1 to armour isnt going to do much to a 2 wound necromancer

#15 ·
sorry i missed that but still 1 strength 3 hit at -1 to armour isnt going to do much to a 2 wound necromancer
then dont use it against him but his minions the flame templat could kill quite a few skellies

#16 ·
3 necromancers in 500 points is absolutely insane,in both senses of the word. It will either raise enough troops to make a difference,or not have enough troops to win. 3 necromancers lvl2 w/ the power familiar(the item you speak of) is 350 points. That means he has 150 points left over for troops,and that means hes either using 15 direwolves or 38 zombies or even less skeletons. In this case do the following:

1. take a runesmith w/ 3 runes of spellbreaking. Thats 5 DD and 3 scrolls,which is very decent even against 9 power dice. He will get some spells off,but he wont get off much.

2. Buy core units. with the remaining X points you could get well over 30 dwarf warriors fully kitted out. Use them in 2,or 1 combat units and 2 x-bow units. That should be able to beat him.

3. Make sure hes using 500 points,and isnt over.

4. If hes using ghouls as his main troops,take an organ gun. That should mince them up nicely.

p.s: to the person who called VC cheesy....they arent. Their a powerful army,yes,definitly ranking among skaven and empire in the list of good armies. However they can easily be beaten by a skilled tactician,you just have to know how to play against them.

#19 ·
additional suggestion... large groups of dwarves, in a postion where they cannot be flanked.. angle your sides outward and simply hold position... make him come to you... take some runes and banners than nulify magic...i dont know the dwarf lists but im sure there is something there about it... remember that the units he summons have victory points if you destroy them.. your dwarves..be an anvil..and let him wear himself out trying to break you

#21 ·
Ah Curse of Years you speak of... hate that spell, bloody killed half a unit of Longbeards.... :(

Anyways, he shouldn't always get that spell. As you have to roll for spells at the begining of the game, and it'll eat up his power dice like anything.

Personally I've only played five or so games against undead armies and I know one thing, their troops suck. Skellies and zombies are not combat fighters, you are. Get blocks of warriors, at least 15 in number - full command. Less chance of autobreaking (damned fear... damn it!!) and with a frontage of five + champ you'll stand a good chance of taking out a few skellies/zombies.

As for characters, it's tough but if he's taking those necro (shame on him, sham on him!) then a Runesmith with RoSpellbreaking is handy and if possible a thane with GW, Grom armour, RoStone.

Also... Bolt Throwers be you're friend, in such a small game these wonderful contraptions rule. S6 through ranks? ^_^ Forget about anything else, these are a must.

Just my thoughts, take them as you will.

KU

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.