Dwarf Lord on Shieldbearer canl be Killing blowed? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dwarf Lord on Shieldbearer canl be Killing blowed?

sup guys,

Loving the new 8th but one question still keeps coming up, and that is if my great Dwarf Lord on his shieldbearers can now be killing blow because there is no unit strength any more. If anybody has any info it will help a lot.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Jkong View Post
    sup guys,

Loving the new 8th but one question still keeps coming up, and that is if my great Dwarf Lord on his shieldbearers can now be killing blow because there is no unit strength any more. If anybody has any info it will help a lot.
    Rune of Preservation my friend, now worth every little bit.
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess so, but its going to mess with my beefed up dwarf where I ran him on Shieldbearers with G/W, m/r of steal, r/ stone, r/ resistance and m/r spite, making my dwarf lord one tough SOB. I guess I have to change him a little.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aye thats my 7th Lord build too. He's good for stopping dragon mounted lords. Looks like i've now got to include the rune of preservation too somehow, However the MR of spite does give you 50% immunity to killing blow with the ward save. I know thats not perfect! I'd say the best option would be to drop the rune of resistance and settle for a 2+ armour and 4+ ward save, without the reroll. Use the points to take the rune of preservation too.

Junior Member Captain Ussopp-sama's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you still want a good-save lord go for shieldbearers, shield, master rune of steel, rune of armour re-roll and R.o.Preservation, you should have a few points to spend on getting a ward save, and depending on weather a parry save improves your ward save you could not rune up your weapon and keep the parry. tho you could allways just play it safe and keep him away from whoever has killing blow, as these people are usually obvious.

along these lines i suggest avoiding brettonians, any close combat-equipped elves and other races that shouldnt be in combat running suspiciously towards your hard characters. finally, an ogre character with a ironfist may well have the glove that gives killing blow. hope this helps

+ Reply to Thread