Cost effective Hammerers and Ironbreakers? Conversions? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cost effective Hammerers and Ironbreakers? Conversions?

Has anyone figured out a way to perhaps make IB and Hammerers from plastic models? 25$ for 1 rank is just way too much for me to even begin considering fielding them, and I really would like to.

I know miners have a plastic option from Battle for Skull Pass (I think?) but I dunno about other units. I believe warriors come with 2H weapons, maybe I could make them Hammerers? Would I be able to use certain head variants (Face Helmets) and Shield + Hand weapons to make Ironbreakers, like I do with 'Ard boys in my Ork army?

I'm willing to buy bits from plastic sets on Ebay to make this work.

I am verbose. Sorry.
    Current Armies:
    Kargh's Wite Butz, Death Skullz Orks: W: 5, L:, 2 D:2; Silver-skull Necrons: 1W 1L,500 pt

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

quik-quik, kill-kill! The bearded one's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    585 (x8)

Miners have a new plastic set out already.

It would require some greenstuffing to make them look enough like hammerers or ironbreakers, but the best way for that would be with the plastic warriors.
    I know 2 blogs on forums that have converted hammerers/ironbreakers from warriors. Prepare for some greenstuffing though:
    hammerers by Hengrid of bugmansbrewery.com
    Army Of Karak Thindrongol - Bugmans Brewery - The Home for all Warhammer Dwarf Fans - Page 3

ironbreakers by thepete:
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...rojects-9.html (Pete's Various Projects)
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ojects-10.html (Pete's Various Projects)

wow. Who would've thought you could do something like that with the plastic warriors?
    If we can do it, so can GW.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The bearded one View Post
    wow. Who would've thought you could do something like that with the plastic warriors?
    If we can do it, so can GW.
    Exactly. It's partly the principle of the thing, and partly because it's only a matter of time before plastics come out for them.

Anyway, those are awesome. I don't know if I have the skills to do that, but I may try. While We're on the subject, How many would One field in a gunline type army as a defender-type? The fact that theres no upper limit on their size sort of trips me out... If just 10 or so is pretty effective I won't mind paying that much, but 20... I can't justify paying over $100 for ONE unit. At least not on my current salary...
    I am verbose. Sorry.
    Current Armies:
    Kargh's Wite Butz, Death Skullz Orks: W: 5, L:, 2 D:2; Silver-skull Necrons: 1W 1L,500 pt

+ Reply to Thread