Okay so I might actually bite the bullet... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay so I might actually bite the bullet...

So for several months i've been going inbetween both Dwarves and High Elves, i'm pleased to say that the Stunties are very appealing to me right now for some reason. Now I will probably be buying the Battalion boxset, I might buy a second organ gun to go with it too, are the Organ gun's any good? Can they easily earn their points back?

Lord wise I think i'll be going for a Anvil and for heroes a mixture between Thanes and Engineers. Any other Suggestions here?

Core wise I think i'll be biting the bullet for a gunline, with plenty of support such as Ironbreakers (Possibly 24) and around 54 Thunderers and Quarllers, is this a wise choice?

Thanks for any imput and after looking through the army book I will post my Army List up!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

My friend runs a Nuln based Empire army (nothing but guns, guns and more guns, literally) and it does fairly well. Organ guns, until the new book comes out, are ridiculous. If I remember, all shots they fire hit automatically. They will easily make their points back

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

Orgun gun 24" range Pick any unti in side its range and roll an artillery dice thats either gonna give you Missfire / 2/4/6/8/10 hits yes HITS! my friend has 2 in his dwarf army and they lsuaghter almost anything that gets into range they are just plain broken in the current rules for damage output. that being said they make a nice way to deal with chesey special characters in your oponents army.

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

Ugh, Dwarf Gunline. Well, I can't really bash any player or army, and I'm not qualified to speak for the stunties since I play Elves and just about everything else except Stunties (could never get behind their playstyle). Just please promise me that eventually you'll invest in some infantry and actually move your army around. There is nothing more boring than a Dwarf/Empire player who deploys his army all in one corner and just blazes away for 6 turns without moving. Yes I know- Teclis, and what have you, but Teclis can fail simply on the roll of 12 dice: 2 Winds rolls per turn. Shooting tends to be quite reliant.
    My answer has always been fine: but we play Dawn Attack, Meeting Engagement, or Battle for the Tower.

Oh, and I'm moving this to the Dwarf section of the boards since you seem to have decided upon and army.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    184 (x5)

Beware of Pit of Shades and Purple Sun of Xerxes.

Last Dwarf player I went against I wiped out three of his warmachines on the first turn by forcing through Pit of Shades (easy to avoid Miscast damage with ward saves). Gunlines are scary to fight against, but they aren't completely insane. There are many ways to get rid of those warmachines.

quik-quik, kill-kill! The bearded one's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    585 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyman506 View Post
    Beware of Pit of Shades and Purple Sun of Xerxes.

Last Dwarf player I went against I wiped out three of his warmachines on the first turn by forcing through Pit of Shades (easy to avoid Miscast damage with ward saves). Gunlines are scary to fight against, but they aren't completely insane. There are many ways to get rid of those warmachines.
    How close together were those warmachines?

I have mine deployed a few miles apart, all over the place 0.o

+ Reply to Thread