Okay so I might actually bite the bullet... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay so I might actually bite the bullet...

So for several months i've been going inbetween both Dwarves and High Elves, i'm pleased to say that the Stunties are very appealing to me right now for some reason. Now I will probably be buying the Battalion boxset, I might buy a second organ gun to go with it too, are the Organ gun's any good? Can they easily earn their points back?

Lord wise I think i'll be going for a Anvil and for heroes a mixture between Thanes and Engineers. Any other Suggestions here?

Core wise I think i'll be biting the bullet for a gunline, with plenty of support such as Ironbreakers (Possibly 24) and around 54 Thunderers and Quarllers, is this a wise choice?

Thanks for any imput and after looking through the army book I will post my Army List up!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

quik-quik, kill-kill! The bearded one's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    585 (x8)

Organ gun = pwnage. An artillery dice worth of automatic hits at str5, -3 armoursave? Yes please. It is the scourge of knights and heavy infantry, and can take down some monsters too.

Gunlines don't tend to work that super. If you go for a mixed list ( part gunline, part combatunits to protect that line ) you will be more succesfull. Don't minimise on those combat blacks. Usually you will find that you can't kill the enemy fast enough before they reach you.

One master engineer ought to be enough when placed right.

Welcome to the club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Big blocks of close combat units as the main line (Perhaps some of them with Great weapons which works wonders) and a handfull shooting units. Characters are awesome, but try to minimize the number. Most are pretty costy and its more worth it to take more bodies or extra Magic banners. Whatever suits you well.

Organ Guns tend to, like most war machines, work in different ways. By this I mean, sometimes they work, some times they dont. And they WILL fail from time to time. But when they work, they can really change the course of a game. Today, I litterally shot a Swordmaster units to pieces. And this is were Lady Average really evened out my other horrible roles. An 8 and a 10 made short progress of those guys.

But the best way is simply, to get some games under the belt, and find out what fits you the best.

Happy Hunting

+ Reply to Thread