Quick Combat Army - Ideas Please - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quick Combat Army - Ideas Please

Okay, So i have just understood runes better. Now am looking at builds, i have a codex and just trying to work it out.

If i want to run at the army and slaughter everything in combat. Do i mainly want to go for Slayers as much as possible? back them up with equal numbers of warriors/greybeards...then with some ranged artillery to back them up?

Any advice is golden. Only used to 40K codexes so still trying to work out what having a slayer axe means over a great weapon etc.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi there,

I am also a little new to dwarves but what I have done in the few games ive played is design an army to our strengths. We have excellent armour, High leadership and superb artillery and ranged attacks. Slayers are a great "tar pit" unit. In other words they will be able to slow down an enemys advance as the enemy will have to wipe out the whole unit to move onwards, however they dont have any armour so will die in vast numbers to any enemy unit that packs any punch.

I can 100% recommend at LEAST 1 organ gun and would urge you to aim for 2. They pack a huge amount of bang and have high strength and nasty armour save modifier. Nothing can chew up Chaos warriors or equally armoured units quite like them.

You may want to look into getting yourself a runesmith for magic defence. Dwarves have excellent magic defence anyway and taking a runesmith with a master rune if balance is an excellent way of shutting out all but the most die hard magic orientated armies.

Finally I recommend you get your hands on a battalion box. If your carefull you can make 10 thunderers, 10 quarellers (or 20 of each but I prefer using both for some range and some punch) a nice big block of 28 warriors and a organ gun/cannon (go for organ gun first in my opinion)

Hope this helps somewhat

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x1)

Quick and dwarves shouldn't really be put int the same sentence. LOL

While they are stubborn and can always march even when close to the enemy, us mighty dwarfs have slow movemenet. (except the Gyrocopter)

Slayers are good for taking out big nasty high toughness models (giants, daemons, dragons, and some generals) bc they get to match thier strength to the enemy toughness. Very nice indeed. Only problem is they lack armour so they are probably going to get eaten up by missile fire.

I agree with the organ gun, it is nice, as is all our artillary.

Also, in Fantasy its not a Codex, its an Army book Everyone gets what you mean though, and while I don't care what you call it some people are quite STUBBORN about it, just a head up...

Sinceyou are familar with 40k the best comparsion I could give for you would be to treat dwarfs like the Imeprial Guard, but with a melee ability.

A lot of dwarf plays play a gunline type army, sit back, blast them with War Machines and Thunderers, and use your high leadership block units to protect your guns. Leadership plays a LOT bigger roll in Fantasy IMO than it does in 40k. More than not you will not kill an entire unit outright, but casue them to break and run. This is why dwarfs are good, we rarely break.
    "For Plunder and Women!"

Bretonnians 7500, Empire 3300, Dwarfs 4800; Space Marines 2000, Tyranids 3000

+ Reply to Thread