Longbeards Should Be.... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Ok over at Bugmans there's a discussion on these dour dawi, the main idea at the moment is that they should be immune to fear.

Other suggestions have been made ranging from; Immune to Psychology, Can't be outnumbered (ie enemy don't gain the +1 for ON) and a couple others.

But what's your thoughts?

Personally I'm not that much of a fan for Immune to Fear, but am now sitting on the fence over this. It maybe useful but I see it as a slightly redundant ability alot of the time, not auto-breaking against VCs is a god send but then not all armies have or will use Fear causing units. So will this ability become almost as redundant as the now Immune To Panic ability?

Thoughts?

KU

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    451 (x8)

hmm i allways thought that they would be better if they could re roll all failed tests but thtas just me :closedeyes:

spambot kill tally: 79

[16:19] <@Alzer> Arky's right though
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> I know he is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> He usually is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> Sometimes it's intentional.
    ----
    [00:01] <+zubus> i love you, ya skirt wearin nothern monkey! ^_^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think longbeards should be 1 point more expensive, ignore being outnumbered, be immune to panic (which they are) and have the following special rule.

Lustrius Beards:
    Dwarf longbeards have very long and old lustrius beards. Any damage to them would strike a heavy blow to their pride
    If a longbeard unit suffers a casulaty to a flaming attack, they must immediatly take a panic test (despite being immune to panic) and will Hate and Fear the model(s) which caused the wound(s) for the remainder of the battle. The attack may be magical or mundane, shooting or close combat, as long as it is flaming this rule is used.
    I kill two dwarves in the morning, I kill two dwarves at night. I kill two dwarves in the afternoon, and then I feel allright. I kill two dwarves in time of peace, and two in time of war. I kill two dwarves before I kill two dwarves, and then I kill two more.

Goblin kroozade of revengyness: win:19 draw:10 loss:9

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

erm.. CK thats a might bit much don&#39;t you think? Immune to panic and ignore outnumber? Willl they ever flee? Also that rule doesn&#39;t seem right, otherwise all characters and most dwarfs would also have to have it.

They too have long beards

KU

+ Reply to Thread