Did I Do This Right? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I made this 2150 pt army in the late hours of the night after competing at a local Rogue Trader Tournament. Let me know if it needs anything taken/added or just flat out changed.

Lord - Groggy the Drunken
    Mrune of Swift
    Rune of Cleave
    Rune of Cleave
    Mrune of Spite
    Rune of Stone
    Gromril Armor, Shield

RSmith #1
    Great Weapon
    Gromril Armor, Shield
    Spellbreaker x3

^ is #1 legal? if not id just use #2...

Rsmith #2
    Great Weapon
    Gromril Armor, Shield
    Spell Eater
    Spell Breaker

Thane
    Standard Bearer
    Mrune of Groth 1eye
    Gromril Armor

Gyrocopter (to annoy the crud out of people and slow cav)

Cannon #1
    Rune of Forge

Cannon #2
    Rune of Forge
    Rune of Burning (to follow rune making rules)

19 Ironbreakers
    Musician, StandardB, Champ

20 Hammers w/ shields
    Rune of Slowness

10 Gunners w/ shields
    Musician

10 Gunners w/ shields
    Musician

19 Warriors (hvy and shield)

I'm open to any and all suggestions. If this army totally sucks, plz let me know. If anything is not legal etc, i will be glad to modify due to your suggestions. thanx. i am new to this forum but not to the warhammer fantasy community, will be a pleasure consulting with you all.

merlin

...and yes i know its not a stunty name but i still <3 them. :wub:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well merlin since obviosly no one will reply i will because you are feeling bad about it. I thinks its a good army but im kinda biast because i helped make it but still maby this reply will make other people come and comment.

Mage :unsure:

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Well this should go in the army list forum really.... so moved.

Now....

Lord - Groggy the Drunken
    Mrune of Swift
    Rune of Cleave
    Rune of Cleave
    Mrune of Spite
    Rune of Stone
    Gromril Armor, Shield

IMO I&#39;d give him a RoFury instead of Cleaving, the extra S is great but then an extra S5 attack can make it much more fun, other than that the normal "Lord Of Pain" looks good.

RSmith #1
    Great Weapon
    Gromril Armor, Shield
    Spellbreaker x3

^ is #1 legal? if not id just use #2...

Rsmith #2
    Great Weapon
    Gromril Armor, Shield
    Spell Eater
    Spell Breaker

Both are legal, and personally I&#39;d go for No.1. The three dispel scrolls he carries and the extra dice he adds makes it much easier to shut down the opponents magic phase, the Spell Eater Rune is different and can be a bit of a surprise. Though it&#39;s better off with a RoLuck incase you fail to roll the 4.

Thane
    Standard Bearer
    Mrune of Groth 1eye
    Gromril Armor

Nice but vunerable, with only a 4+ sv, T4 and 2W he can be taken down easy. I&#39;m a fan of Runic banners but IMO I&#39;d either go all out on him or hive him protective runes.

Gyrocopter (to annoy the crud out of people and slow cav)

Good, always useful.

Cannon #1
    Rune of Forge

Good

Cannon #2
    Rune of Forge
    Rune of Burning (to follow rune making rules)

Same a good choice, though I find a Bt or ST as a second WM as a good choice.

19 Ironbreakers

Nice anvil unit, can take a lot of damage and probably the only one able to hold a cav charge.

20 Hammers w/ shields
    Rune of Slowness

Nice choice, large and with a good rune.

10 Thunderers w/ shields
    Musician

Nice choice, useful as either flank guard, artillery guards or pure annoyance. ^_^

10 Thunderers w/ shields
    Musician

Same as above

19 Warriors (hvy and shield)

Good solid unit.

In all the list is fine, my only gripe is that it&#39;s lacking in units. IMO all dwarf armies should come with at least three core warrior units, then the rest add on top. Dwarfs rely on tough blocks of infantry, our average core is a match for alot of special units. To rectify this I&#39;d drop either the hammerers or IBs and get another unit of warriors.

Other than that looks good.

KU

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I&#39;d choose between the ironbreakers & the hammerers and replace one with a unit of warriors. 1 unit of warriors really is too little.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought that the lord was illigal with so many runes... but then again, im just a noob too
    &quot;Apprentices practice on swords, If you had ordered proper weapons, like axes or hammers, you would have someone like me making them&quot; master weapon smither.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

Originally posted by cllzzrd@Dec 10 2004, 11:38
    I thought that the lord was illigal with so many runes... but then again, im just a noob too
    [snapback]271554[/snapback]
    its 3 runes per item so he is all good.
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love it personally. I think its the best dwarf list ive seen on these forums for a while. Only thing i&#39;d change is choose either the ironbreakers or hammerers and replace the other with some more warriors. Get rid of the runic banner and with the points left over from both the change to warriors and this get some slayers. The unit doesnt have to be super big but perhaps 10-15. I think they would do very well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why wou;d you trade good warriors with worse warriors. Hammerers stand much bettter chance of doing stuff than the regular warriors. Unless you can get 2 units of warriors from one unit of hammerers or iron breakers then whats the point. You&#39;d still have as many blocks of infantry which accomplish the same thing. Hammerrers are stubborn. My question regarding the Lord of pain is this. How do you cope with numerous heavily armored foes. A knights charge will do carnage cuz you&#39;ve got nothing to negate their armor very well. A regular unit of knights will do nothing even to a warrior regiment but when combined with a powerful character you&#39;ve got trouble. I dunno. I tested it out and it still seems to be one of the best combinations made for a Dwarf Lord if not the best altogether. the odds when fighting heavily armored cavalry are greater when using 4 Str 6 attacks. You are bound to kill chaso knight with that batter than with 5 str 5 attacks. but for weaker models without good armor, try orks, you&#39;re still bound to kill jsut as many with 4 Str 6 attacks than with 5 Str 5 attacks. to me, the lord should be prepared to deal with the tougher foes that a regiment might encounter, and have enough versatility to wipe out some basic troops for Combat Resolution. The Lord of pain with 4 Str 6 attacks does this very well, just as well as the Lord with 5 Str 5 attacks. However when facing orcs, the 5 attacks may be better due to hatred, buit thats only one round. I&#39;d feel safer with Str 6 knowing that my oppenent could field Grimgor Ironhide. He&#39;s done this numerous times and we&#39;ve never got into combat cuz i blasted his regiment to Orcy paste with much artilery. I have made characters meant for the purpose of killing Grimgor and they do it very well, but then the character isn&#39;t geared for the rest of the battle.
    Either way you do the math, it all adds up to you goin&#39; down

+ Reply to Thread