Dwarf Mage? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dwarf Mage?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dwarf Mage?

so i have been reading the Drizzit Do'Urden series by R.A. Salvatore and Drizzit comes across a most peculiar Green Haired Dwarf, Pikel. Pikel is peculiar in the fact that he is a dwarf shaman, which is super rare in the race of dwarves. so i was wondering how to translate someone like Pikel onto the gaming field.

any helpful tips and criticism is welcome.
    will be keeping you up to date on my progress

~.~ Chibi ~.~

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x4)

Either choose an army which allows wizards and just use a dwarf model, or just take a rune smith/rune lord.

Depending on your guys abilities as a shaman you could take a thane and give him runes which are less deffensive and fighty but more talisman type items. If he throws fireballs and the like you could use the flying weapon rune which lets you throw your weapon.

Maybe a better alternative would be to give him a handgun and just say its a magic missile for fluff purposes. but in 8th ed lore, there aint no wizard for dwarfs. Id suggest looking into the indy rules for chaos dwarfs. they are not too bad and forgeworld have just released some new units if your feeling flush.

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

Actually, just take a Dwarf Lord with access to 100pts of Common Magic Items. Pretty sure that you guys can get those. Then flip to pg505 of your core rulebook and look at the first item listed: The Wizarding Hat.

It makes your character a L2 Wizard, who knows 2 random spells from a random lore. I don't know how you're supposed to determine the random lore (there are 8 lores), but I'd roll a D6+D3-1. Then roll for spells as usual. Your character is also subject to Stupidity though.

Honestly, it's nowhere near worth the points that you're spending, but hey- it's kind of cool to have a Dwarf wizard, and you seem more interested in having a fluffy army than a truly competitive one.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Captain - Dwarfs do not legally have access to the magic items from the BRB. So, that would not work unless the character was used in a friendly game with DIY rules.

Kuffy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So wat Im getting from here is that a dwarf mage would really only be eligible in a freindly game with like my mates, eh? oh well if thats the case i will continue to persue this challange, after all how cool would it be if the next grand master mage turns out to be a Dwarf!!! Flying Boulders of DOOM!!!
    ~.~ Chibi ~.~

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x4)

If that was the case, the Dwarfs would view him as a Chaos Dwarf, and so kill him, wiping out any empire in the way.

Dwarf mages in "current" warhammer lore simply dont exsist, they have little magic ability and the use of true magic resorts in them turning to stone as with Chaos Dwarfs. Your best bet is to just play Chaos Dwarfs and use normal Dwarf models. The warriors are basicaly the same and you can proxy other models. Theres no point flogging a dead horse on this point. Its going to be freindly games or not at all with Dwarfs, so i strongly recomend Chaos Dwarfs using the Indy GT rules for them which are quite good.
    Last edited by saltrock36; June 8th, 2011 at 18:33.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Take a runelord with anvil, but instead of an anvil convert some ancient big voodoo circle (maybe with cooking pot). Be sure to convert a whole army of whacko dwarfs, cause normal ones wont fight with with big voodoo dwarf.

+ Reply to Thread