Longbeard rangers - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x1)

Longbeard rangers

Hey I'm wondering as to peoples view on longbeards as rangers. Giving them throwing axe's so they can show up, you move up, enemy's pivot, You move up again and throw your strength 5 axes hitting on 4's, then wait for charge where you do it again but hitting on 5's and then your in combat with your great weapons.

I'm re-starting Dwarfs after years as part of a army build campaign with friends. As such we are building 2k forces and before I start building I'm looking for opinions and Ideas to use to save wasting money and effort. Firstly I would love your opinions on this type of unit. You can be brutally honest. Thanks

"Reached under the bed and pulled out a Converse and a beer, I appear to of developed the miraculous power to turn shoes into beer!.... or beer into shoes." - Fallen Autarch after St. Patricks day.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x2)

i like the quarreler rangers myself to scout then use their crossbows to shoot long range. but i rly like longbeard rangers the throwing axes are fantastic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I usually take a unit of either 10 for warmachine hunting, or 30 if I'm feeling evil. putting a thane with the rune of brotherhood and Bugman in the unit makes it able to cope with just about anything thrown at it... and putting them in something like a tower/building, with multiple floors, makes the only feasible way for the enemy to remove them either lots of magic, or by blowing the building up...

in short, they're amazing against elite armies in large numbers, but almost useless against horde armies. if in small numbers, lethal against horde armies, useless against elite armies...

still, thats just my experience. and quarreller rangers are good as well if there's cover for them to hide in.

+ Reply to Thread