BSB Question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BSB Question

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BSB Question

Reading through the dwarf army book i just wanted to know if a thane as the BSB have runic armour????

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    120 (x3)

Rune of stone... Nuff said.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x1)

A thane with BSB is the same as any other thane, as in starts with Gromril armour.
    The typical rule of BSBs apply, so you can give your thane BSB armour runes, or any runes, but then you can't have a tunic standard, and vice versa.
    But, Muse says, generally a time of stone is all you need on him, if you choose not to take a runic standard.
    Last edited by Raganok; October 24th, 2011 at 21:24.

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

I actually disagree with that, I believe in 8th edition you need to protect your BSB. I think he needs protection, MRoGromril and perhaps Preservation. The rerolls are important in this game now. And perhaps add a little combat power with a weapon rune or two.

Kuffy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

62 (x1)

All depends at the end of the day, do you want a hard to kill bsb or a nigh indestructible challenge lord. The runes can only go one place.
    I really don't see the bsb to be as necessary to Dwarves as it is to other armies. I wouldn't leave home without my bsb in my Ogres, but I've had plenty and plenty of battles with my Dwarves where I never took a bsb and was completely fine.
    May the Dragon of Unhappiness never fly up your bottom.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    120 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by King Ulrik Flamebeard
    I actually disagree with that, I believe in 8th edition you need to protect your BSB. I think he needs protection, MRoGromril and perhaps Preservation. The rerolls are important in this game now. And perhaps add a little combat power with a weapon rune or two.

Kuffy
    Actually looking at my list I have gromril on my bsb and stone on my lord

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Raganok View Post
    All depends at the end of the day, do you want a hard to kill bsb or a nigh indestructible challenge lord. The runes can only go one place.
    I really don't see the bsb to be as necessary to Dwarves as it is to other armies. I wouldn't leave home without my bsb in my Ogres, but I've had plenty and plenty of battles with my Dwarves where I never took a bsb and was completely fine.
    True, it does depend. However, you can get the lord a 1+ save with using only the RoStone (Gromril + shieldbearers + RoStone). So I never see the point in giving him it. My BSB I like to survive for those moment when that re-roll is needed.

Kuffy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

62 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by King Ulrik Flamebeard

True, it does depend. However, you can get the lord a 1+ save with using only the RoStone (Gromril + shieldbearers + RoStone). So I never see the point in giving him it. My BSB I like to survive for those moment when that re-roll is needed.
    I agree and would do the same (and have before) but maybe not everyone has that model. For some reason I have two, and if I wanted to ne cheeky, I could use my white dwarf with bugman and gotrek as well.
    May the Dragon of Unhappiness never fly up your bottom.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if only it were possible....

no matter how high a point value you go, you can never have two lords with shieldbearers. That honor is reserved for the general only. I've thought about trying it too, but alas, the rules say no. My friends let me do it once though, have two shieldbearer lords. I completely crushed them because they couldn't kill either one, while the lords just wailed on the enemy units. they don't let me use them both at the same time anymore....

+ Reply to Thread