Dwarf Wish List. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x4)

Dwarf Wish List.

Hi all.

Cant be to far into the future now until we see a new army book for dwarfs, being one of the more popular armies and one of the oldest exsisting army book around (yes yes WE and Brets but not half as popular). So i was just woundering what changes you hoped would get made and what would you want to stay the same. Want to be considering;

-New Rules (army wide or per unit).
    -New Sculpts for exsisting units.
    -New Units.
    -New or re-introduced Named Characters with your ideas on rules.
    -How you want Runes and Magic items to work in 8th Ed considering the vast change seen in other new Army books.
    -Any other relevent topic relating to a new release for Dwarfs.

Heres a few things i would like to see off the top of my head:

-New sculpts for Hammerers and Iron Breakers in plastic, hopefully the same box with interchangeable heads and weapons to make one unit or the other.

-All Iron Breakers to have Rune of Stone (effectivly). These guys dont just wear Gromril Armour, They are quite litteratly covered head to toe and even sometimes have thier beards covered. If that doesnt deserve a + to there armour im not sure what does.

-Slayer characters to be able to take Runic Talismans aswell as Runic Weapons. That, or a built in ward save depending on the slayers level (troll, giant, etc). Aslo a set of rules like in SoC to increase the killieness of Slayers, possibly even rules to allow you to field a Slayer list. Lets face it, if GW did this and brought out plastic slayers it would be a massive sales boost.

-Generaly a points drop for most uints across the board, with a naked Dwarf at 6 points, additional items at current points cost. Thunderers down by 2 points, possibly quarellers down by 1pts (but they seem ok as is). Massive drop in cost of slayers to 8pts.

-Hammerers need Gromril. If this is our elite bodyguard it needs to be able to take a hit equaly as well as it can deliver out damage. They also need there rules slightly amending for if they have a Lord with them (Royal Blood) for somthing better than just immune to fear and terror (hatred maybe), and the rule should also apply to thanes.

Well theres a few of the ideas i have anyway. Gots lots more but its a start.

What ideas have you got?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello

Getting lower point costs might be unrealistic but wishing is free
    what i hope for is

Plastic Hammerers

Change update in special rules of Dwarf army (relentless is nearly obsolete now)
    Change in hamerer rules (gromril armor)
    Change in Iron breaker rules (Better armor save)
    Change in Gyrocopter and Flame cannon rules (or reducement in cost)
    Better point adjusted Special characters and more options.
    Change/update in Anvil of doom rules.
    and of course New units.
    Last edited by deeyo; November 1st, 2011 at 15:43.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

107 (x4)

I agree that the flame cannon needs a massive rule change from how it works at the minute. They might aswell cop and paste the rules used for the Chaos Dwarf (i think this is right) magma cannon which are in the new forgeworld Throne of Chaos book. Basicaly its a cannon with a range of 24", but instead of rolling another artilary dice for the bounce you place the flame template down. S5, D3 Wounds. Very very similar to how the Flame cannon used to work but with a greater range. I used to always take a Falme Cannon because of its S5 Template, and people not realising that i could hit a unit and make them panic in the first turn. As it stand the flame cannon is just a bit pants. not need to reduce points, just make it better.

Gyrocopter, it would be nice to see this get a weapons upgrade option. From the steam gun, to duel repeate pistols/handguns, drop bombs, etc. They have the opertunity to open up the Gyrocopter to more uses not that march blocking doesnt work half as well as it did now you can just roll a Ld test. Make them 100-120 points basic, + upgrades.

It would be nice, if Dwarfs got the same benifit as Lizardmen on there LD rolls being able to roll 3 and choose the 2 lowest. Idealy you would call this stubborn representing the Dwarfs stubborn nature to run away and be dishonored, but the rule fits them fine.

I would like to keep Runes as they are. They are for lack of a better word, perfect, for the dwarfs at the minute. However i am not against Dwarfs gaining an extra section of Hierlooms. (Just like how slans can choose abilities, vamps have powers, chaos have gifts etc etc) Dwarfs could have a section of pre runed items like a book of grudges, war horns, weapons with unique abilities that you cannot get from current rune system. This would represent well the lost skill of being able to craft these Hierlooms from the Dwarfs golden age, whilst still being able to craft runic weapons etc with what we already have.

On Tristav II losing a war against Tyranids.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would like the fire cannon to be better.
    Dwarf Pony Riders, for added speed. (JK)
    MEs to have custom weapons, kinda like empire's. No Pigeons, though.
    The Gyro to have a better use.
    I would like a giant model, like an air-ship or the rumored Rune Golem-thing.
    To keep our runes,
    A Epic slayer guy, enabling a slayer list. Ironfist, Anyone?
    A Iron-Breakers/Hammers Plastic kit.
    A full chart of the Kilnkahadrin(?)

Just random Ideas.
    'And you'll save me a leg if yer know wot's good for you.'-O+G E8, P38

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Plastic slayers maybe with better rules. Rather than the current where they head into a unit of beasties and get pummled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

give slayers a ward save
    Also alot of people want golems and if they do I would rather them be monstrous infantry, could be cool
    Also the thunderbarge is a maybe as there are a couple in the background of a pic in the O&G codex
    Other than that all plastics would be great!
    My Painting Blog http://foutlaw.blogspot.com/
    Updated 11/13/11 The Black Orcs are here!

Hod
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    130 (x2)

I would love to see a plastic kit for the slayers. The Avatar of War one is so cool, I could only imagine what GW could do with it.
    A new Slayer hero that enables Slayers as core.
    No wanting to get too greedy I'd have to say the other plastic kit has to be either Hammers or Ironbreakers. Between those two I'd have to pick the Ironbreaker, purely from an artistic point though. There's nothing cooler looking than a fully armored dwarf. But realistically, I bet it's the Hammer's, they just look more out of date in comparison to the Ironbreakers.
    Finally, I new big machine would be great. As a fan of Gotrek and Felix, it'd be awesome to see Malakai Makaisson's Airship. Maybe even a finecast release of his Goblin Hewer at the same time.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

107 (x4)

I dont even see why it needs to be a special character like Ungrim to make slayers core, I would say keep it simple like warrior Priests where if you include any slayer character you may include slayers as core. I just pray nothing stupid happens like making slayers skirmish. In 7th edd when skirmishers were very effective when manouvering it would have added alot to the dwarf list, but in 8th it would end up make slayer a no go unit like WoC Forsaken (for the most part).

As for the plastic kit, theres no reason IB and H cannot be a combined kit. you need two weapon options, HW&S or a GW(hammer), and a change of heads and there you go. keep the arms on the interchangable weapons do the IB arms have a bit more plate and the H covered in mail maybe with vambraces.

Lets face it,the way we fire the organ gun is going to change so we have to roll to hit. Now, i have no problem with this just so long as it pumps out more shots, and doesnt suffer from shooting over half range. Use the artilary die roll to add range to the shot, or, have 10 shots standard and the artilary dice grants you extra shots. 20 S5 armour piercing shots is somthing i can live with rolling to hit for.

I would love to see Felix and Gotrek back, but in such size games as are played now i find it hard to see a role for them. They cant realy grant a unit buff,nor can they go it alone and hunt things down. It would suffer then from only being allowed in slayer units (due to gotrek being a slayer), soif you wanted to take them you would need some slayers.

I still dont know what to see as new units for dwarfs on the heroic scale. Personaly im fully against any form of golem, Rune, Mechanical or overwise. There is just nothing in the idea other than people seeing them in world of warcraft. Its the kind of thing that would be blasted into dwarf Lore in a Mat Ward style job. (how you liking the new Space Tombkings a la Ward, Necron players.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

All I wish for is to keep the rune system as it is. Knowing GW, however, they'll give all stunty players a big middle finger and make Dwarfs another cookiecutter army with wizards, 8-ish premade magic items and new piece of fluff where they attack a monastery of Sisters of Sigmar to kill them and rub their blood on themselves to gain resistance to corruption so they can go take down a slaaneshian daemon because kids think it is EPIC AWSUM LOL! -_-'

11. Likefurrie liked this post.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really hope that they don't change the rune system too much, it was one of the main reasons that I started playing Dwarfs! Given that in the last few released books there has been some sort of big monster thingy I would like to see one for us, as discussed on here previously, just not sure what yet!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast