New to Dwarfs - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New to Dwarfs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New to Dwarfs

Hey guys, It seems like there might be the possibility of a new codex around the corner, but Id still like to paint up some dwarfs, whats a good start to an army, but also what shouldn't I buy as it will probably see new models. Im hoping for plastic slayers and maybe a new hammerer/Ironbreaker kit

My Painting Blog http://foutlaw.blogspot.com/
    Updated 11/13/11 The Black Orcs are here!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

also is it perfectly acceptable to use a box of warriors to make them long beards, probably just paint the beards white?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x1)

Thunderers, quarrelers, canons, canons, canons. Also you might want some hammerers, some warriors and a beastly Thane.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Fabled 0utlaw View Post
    also is it perfectly acceptable to use a box of warriors to make them long beards, probably just paint the beards white?
    It would be where I play (provided you let people know before the game what your proxied units are).

www.outlanders-club.com - Outlanders Gaming Club (Rugby, UK)
    www.Adeptus-Astartes.com - AA Studios, Commission based painting studios.

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Hey guys, It seems like there might be the possibility of a new codex around the corner, but Id still like to paint up some dwarfs, whats a good start to an army, but also what shouldn't I buy as it will probably see new models. Im hoping for plastic slayers and maybe a new hammerer/Ironbreaker kit
    I have found that the battalion box is a good buy, you get the basics of an army. Add a couple of characters - thane and runesmith, another couple of war machines - organ gun, cannon or stone thrower and a special unit, most go for hammerers. I would suggest you check out some of the lists posted on LO to get an idea of general lists.

As for the longbeards that is the way GW basically made them. Add a mask and they're longbeards, or paint the beard white and you basically have them.

Kuffy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know the warrior box used to say Warriors/ longbeards on the site, kinda weird. also do the warrior sprus come with masks? Would it also be required to represent the great weapons seeing as they are also armed with a hand weapon and shield?
    Last edited by Fabled 0utlaw; November 8th, 2011 at 22:56.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

I know the warrior box used to say Warriors/ longbeards on the site, kinda weird. also do the warrior sprus come with masks? Would it also be required to represent the great weapons seeing as they are also armed with a hand weapon and shield?
    Yeah it does come with them, not a fan myself but it's how GW suggest their use. If armed with GWs you need to show them, everything is assumed to come with hand weapons, so add a shield and you're sorted.

Kuffy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so if i give them shields youu can assume the weapons they are holding are GW???
    from the look of the lists I have seen is a variety of war machines, a couple minimized ranged units, 1 solid warrior block and a specializes unit to sapport flanks and to blitz, does this sound about right?
    Last edited by Fabled 0utlaw; November 9th, 2011 at 01:32.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1372 (x8)

so if i give them shields youu can assume the weapons they are holding are GW???
    from the look of the lists I have seen is a variety of war machines, a couple minimized ranged units, 1 solid warrior block and a specializes unit to sapport flanks and to blitz, does this sound about right?
    Not really no, GWs are an upgrade and you are suppose to show upgrades as much as possible. So you'd really need to show the GWs on the model, not show hand weapons and assume. It does vary but it sounds about right. Some lists tend to go more infantry heavy I have found, a good number of big blocks of dwarfs backed up by missile support and war machines. All you can do is play and find which style suits you best.

Kuffy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well thank you very much, I think I will post a list soon Ive done quite a bit of research at this point and I have a feel for what I would like to go for.
    Also as for the GW I think If I do a little conversion work and at very least extend the handles and have the dwarf folding the wepo closer to the head with the handle hanging down that might do it. We will have to wait and see I have a few more projects before I will jump on in but wen I do Ill make sure there are plenty of pic. Thank you for all the advice!

+ Reply to Thread