New Whfb Player, Got Me Some Dwarves.. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey folks - I've been debating getting into WHFB for a while and finally dropped some cash on the dwarves that I'd been eyeing. After reading through the newb thread, I've put together a 1000pt list to work the training wheels with. Please respond with thoughts, comments, words of wisdom, re: the army or playing WHFB in general. =) Thanks.

Hero:

Thane, w/ Gromril Armor + Rune of Stone, Handweapon + Master Rune of Swiftness & Rune of Cleaving, , Pistol & Shield (122)

Core:

16 Warriors w/ Great Weapons, Heavy Armor, Shield + Full Command (201)

16 Warriors w/ Hand Weapons, Heavy Armor, Shield, + Full Command (169)

10 Miners + Full Command (150)

Special:

13 Hammerers w/ Shields + Full Command and Runic Standard + Rune of Battle (250)

1 Cannon (100)

total - 992

Thanks again.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

Don'T over spend on thanes, that make a hugew point sink, and that is good for alot of armies, a great weapon does as good as a 50 pts rune weapon.

you need some thunderers, to force your opponent to close the distance, if not he will stand there and shoot as much as possible.

2 bolt throwers are more effective than a cannon any day, more shots more accurate.

Iron breakers will do better than hammerers, 2+ save in CC is too sweet to miss out on.

With dropping all the runes on the thane, and some on the other units ( miners dont need a full command, they are used to ambush warmachines.)
    get a rune smith, for more dispell dices.

Good gaming.
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Overall a good list but a couple of problems. First the pistol on the thane really isnt worth the points. Next Your squad with the great wepons really shouldnt spend points on shields they will probably never use. Last i would drop the miners(i dont really like them) and get either crossbow men or thunders dso you can force your opponet to close the distancce.
    2 bolt throwers are more effective than a cannon any day, more shots more accurate.
    I toltaly agree
    The stars themselves once lived and died at our command, and yet you still dare oppose our will

Never argue with an idiot they drag you down to there level and beat you with experiance

+ Reply to Thread