Longbeards - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Longbeards

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WHy are longbeards so good
    and are iron breakers good enuff to spend the 13 points on them i think they are but have not used them yet
    also are hammers worth the points or only if your put the gen in with them are they
    and what is the best rare organ gun or copter or flam
    i am useing 2 organs in the next fight well next 3 but there in a samll tor but are they even worth me using ??? or should i use a flam and organ or what

and greatest thing ever archive kicks ass lol they ahve some good stuff i think for the dwarfs i got enuff stuff for dwarfs to have vets in each reg lol a drunken one to weeeeeeeee so cheack out the archive if you have not its just some old stuff but the old stuff is not bad
    food for thought

Never trush gold that gliters in the dark lol

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ironbreakers are well worth it - they got S4 and a 2+ save in combat. They havent failed me yet.

Hammers with a dwarf lord will almost never run and have great weapons making them S6. They Will have LD 10 with no modifiers. Im thinking of getting some.

Longbeards seem pointless to me, since panics not that much of a problem in an LD9 army.

Copter is EASILEY the best rare. Fly round the back so they cant charge it, and stop march moves and pummel em with the steam gun. I personally think organ guns are the worst, mine havent done very well.

Im gonna try a flame cannon soon.

Oh and yer i'll check out the archive. Try doing a search for ''Dwarf'' you'll get loads

One more thing - how many points have you got?
    A Promise to a dead man means nothing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the tor is 2500

and im planing on getting atleast 15 shots witht both my organs i hope lol ill tell you who they do and i have miners o hell yea i just orderd my archive stuff clansmen and ***** they are so cool looking

and im going to use iron so i hope they work

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh they should work.
    Remember the old dwarf saying: Put your faith in iron and stone. Iron and stone have always been true friends of the dwarfs.

BTW how do your minors perform? Im thinking of getting some

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

I like Longbeards, if not for much else their fluff is cool. But they can be very good in combat, they either have S6 and Sv 5+ or S4 and 3+ in c/c.

Hammerers are great, give them a shield and put your lord in there, add a Rune of battle to the banner, full command and twenty Hammerers (then watch as the enemy have to go to hell and back to shift them )

Ironbreakers, the fav dwarf unit why? coz of the 2+ Sv in c/c. But only S4, this means that they have tough time wounding enemies with T5+. But can be made into a very tough unmoving unit (if a little expensive). Here's how:

20 Ironbreakers - full command
    banner has Rune of Battle (and maybe Rune of Sanctuary)
    Battle Standard - Master Rune of Groth 1-Eye, Rune of Battle, Rune of Courage
    This gives you a comabt res. of 8+ before casuaties and makes you immune to Psychology (4+ for rank, 1+ for battle stand, 3+ for runes)

Flame cannon is probably the best rare IMO simply coz of the template, anything under it hit, part under 4+ -2 Sv (casuaties = panic test).

Organ guns can be useful for keeping a flank clear ie place there and not many are willing to advance into the range of it.

Gyrocopters are NOT NATURAL for a dwarf A FLYING DWARF!! :blink: . But it can be used to stop marches and give your missile unit more time to thin the ranks.

BTW my dwarf army is worth about 9000pts if I give all characters max runes allowed. I also have nealy all the old special characters (missing King Kazador).

Any more help I'll see what I can do. I hope I helped

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how do you get 8 you only get the +3 for rank not 4 right or am i wrong and also longbeards can have a hand weapon sheild or a great weapon right you pick same with hammerers or no
    and the rune of speed or what ever swifness makes you attack first if you have a great wep then do you still attack first
    and so a organ gun is good for stopoing flanks like place one on each side cazz im using 2 or put them in the middle and keep them for the first what 1 2 turns maby first i dont know but get 2 turns of shoting them move them back ?
    and what does immune to Psychology mean i have looked but can not find what it does to the point is that like panic terrrer fear or what

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Your right it's only 3+ for rank. Longbeards come with both H/W, G/W and shield so you get the choice of using either combo but you must keeping using that combo til combat has finished.

The Master Rune of Swiftness (strike first) is wasted on a great weapon, as the rules say that all penalties and bonuses are cancelled if a rune is placed on it. ie great weapon has Master rune of swiftness then strikes first but not +2S.

I'd keep them there for the game as not many will want to try and get past it as 18" Range S5 -3 Sv not many will want that firing at them.

Immune to Psychology means immune to panic, fear,terror etc rules for it are on page 112 of rule book.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so longbeards can say in one combat that they are using G/W and then after that in the next say H/W shield in the same game nice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1372 (x8)

I think thats right (my rule books not handy).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by King Ulkrik Flamebeard@Oct 7 2003, 13:11
    Immune to Psychology means immune to panic, fear,terror etc rules for it are on page 112 of rule book.
    Longbeards are only immune to panic.

Whats the exact ruling on the always strike 1st and always strike last thing (Cuz of Great Weapon)
    Cuz my friend is using a dragon ogre shaggoth with a great weapon and mark of slaanesh (always strike first) and hes getting SIX Ws.6 St.7 attacks that always strike first! Its unbeatable! I keep telling him that he cant cuz hes got a great Weapon but he keeps insisting that the guy in our GW store says it strikes first. But there always full of crap

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast