Rune Of Flight - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Rune Of Flight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is the rune of flight any good or should i get something eals and who does it work does my hero get one attck only or how many he has and all hits are like in cc with Ws and St and the kills right

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You make your attacks as if you were in base contact, Eg. A dwaf lord clobs his hammer into a unit of goblins.He makes 4 attacks and hits 3. He wounds 2, thus killing two golbins. I belive it can be thrown at charecters aswell cant it?

I usually give it to a rune lord (on anvil of doom) and give him a rune of fury aswell. That way he might get the early advantage on any enermy charecters lurking within range (Its then usualy followed by a huge fireball )
    A Promise to a dead man means nothing.

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Actually it can be used against characters but it only hits ONCE then flys back to owners hand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so its really not a good or bad rune just for *****ing ppl off and maby taking down a hero if your lucky and allso does any other runs add to it +St or any thing and u only get 1 attack not how any your hero has

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

It does only attack once but auto hits and it's treated as if you were in combat ie your S vrs their T then Sv etc So any S enhancement would be included (Rune of Cleaving)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yea it is good fo picking off weak chracters that are vital to the army (like mages with vampire armies )

Flamebeard is right on its ruling so it is ont that good most of the time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It could be very usefull in some situations! you have to think it through for example against fanatics and such as it is like a shorter range better version of arrows you could safely kill fanatics and also if you have a fire rune it would be good against trolls and stuff that regenerates like that from a distance.
    It could have uses though I personaly would prefer alternate runes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Rune of Flight has the potential to be amazing (A combination between that and a Rune of Cleaving or two has solved many a problem&#33 but can also be useless (e.g. in a Thane's control who does not have a bonus to his hitting). One thing that can be quite funny is giving it to a Dragon Slayer and tossing it at a dragon or two...just watch your opponent's expression when he realises that you're auto-hitting his dragon and wounding on a 4+ (2+ if you give him the Rune of Might).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes the rune of flight is great and can really be a help when used in the ways suggested,but don't you think that 50 pts for it is a bit of a ripp off I mean holy Grungi's beard I would rather take the M rune of Alaric the mad and kill the enemy myself for a rune that only hits once, is a master rune and don't even go that far.

Closed Thread