Should I Start A Stunty Army? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im a 40k player normally but since i bought the latest white dwarf which coincidentally came with a limited edition mini of the white dwarf ive been thinkin bout startin a dwarf army. so first of all a couple of questions

a) are they any good on the table top?

what are their strengths/weaknesses?

c) whats with the runes/

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a) they are awesome on the battle field - great at shooting and rock hard in combat

strengths - they have a high toughness and armour save
    weaknesses - low movement, ballistic skill and initiative

c) runes are our version of magical items (or wargear in 40k)
    - we place them on our normal weapons, armour, war machines, etc. and they each convey a different ability (e.g. strike first, 4+ ward (invunerable) save, 2+ to hit on one roll per game etc.)
    - this is all explained fully in the army book

hope this helps and anything else u want to know i am happy to answer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok then how are they fluff-wise do they have good fluff bad fluff or medium fluff and how complicated are the minis to paint?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the minis arent too difficult to paint and i dont really no much about the fluff stuff.
    <span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:orange'>&quot;ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US&quot;</span></span>
    (raise fist in defiance)

<a href='http://www.allyourbasearebelongtous.com/flash/allyourbase.swf' target='_blank'>http://www.allyourbasearebelongtous.com/fl...allyourbase.swf</a> this is so *****ing awesome&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Thnx Chaosbrynn

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

The fluff is that they were one of the greatest races,They lived in hold that were made out of the rockfaces and delved deep into the mountain. They are excellent miners and have a insaciable (sp?) thirst for gold. They lived in a golden age, trades with other races prospered but they got into a huge war with the Hes known as "The war of Vengance" (or war of the beard to the elfs). After this they began to seclude themselves and distrust elfs but when the Polar gates colapsed and chaos entered the world they started to have problems.

Their strongholds were attacked by Greenskins and ratmen (Skaven), during this peroid they lost many of their holds to these and natural desasters (sp?) ie earthquakes. But they fought and they refused to give in. Now days they are one of the toughest forces to break, they watched their homes destroyed and overrun. A bunch of greenskins ain&#39;t gonna make them run.

They hate all greenskins, and have a book called the Great Book of grudges, here they record all grudges the have against all races. One day they hope to strike out and avenge each wrong doing to their race.

Dwarfs are the best smiths in the world they make the best weapons, armour. Sigmar&#39;s hammer and the Runefang&#39;s of the Empire was Dwarven work.They make weapons and armour engraved with runes. These runes trap magic inside and thus makes the item magical. The dwarfs are made to survive and this they will, but they are a dwindling race.

Anyway, I hoped this helped, if I can be of any more service just call and I&#39;ll come running.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Flamebeard is correct, we were the BEST race but have slowly dwinded and am now a small but tough race

they are no that hard to paint, only hard part is detail on their small area

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

kool i hate those poncy elves and orcs are just too stupid for their own good. is the dwarf army book being redone any time soon or is the current one ok for a while?

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

The current book is still in use. I don&#39;t think they&#39;re going to redo any army books til at armies are done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cool thanks for the advice after i take my 40k army up to 2000 points im gonna start a small dwarf army bout 500 points to play some battles with if i like em ill expand the army if not ill sell em or sumthin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dwarves do better at higher points as we can take more war machines and thunderers so i would suggest 1000pt. as the lowqest really playable but good luck and if u need any help, just ask

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast