Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
I have a 2000 point battle vs. the Ogre Kingdom tonight.
I have only about 2000 points of dwarf, so there is little I can do to alter my list. (Warriors, crossbows, cannon, flame cannon, stone thrower, Ironbreakers) but I would love some advice on tactics and ideas of how to defeat this wall of meat that will come at me.
My plan is to hit them hard as I can with range weapons, and then allow them to charge my Ironbreakers and then counter charge with Warriors. They havve tough Lords and Heros, so I will try and kill them with War Machines.
Any ideas would be great.
How have you done against them?
Obviously, you will be outplayed in speed, and manouvre-ability. (spelling?)
Hit with your war machines as much as you can, and weaken down units. Numbers will be on your side, so towards the end of the battle, if you wear down your opponent enough, your numbers should be able to clean up.
Ogres have many flaws that are easy to exploit.
1. The average ogre is roughly 40pts with light to no armour at all and are only WS 3 with T4 so its not that hard to kill one.
2. Due to there points being so high they hardly ever have ranks, and will be hard pressed to kill enough guys to make up for ranks and outnumbering.
3. Again, since they have few models they are very vulnerable to shooting. The average ogre unit will have 6 guys, so if you kill two they have to test on their fragile Ld7.
These guys do have some advantages you should know so you can nullify them.
1. They march 12 inches a turn so make sure you shoot decisively because they get around rather quickly.
2. Ogres get 4 attacks per ogre (assuming they have 2 HW's) so will hit with plenty of attacks and like I said depend on getting enough kills to make you run which is unlikely considering the armour, toughness, and leadership dwarves have.
3. An advantage ogres have is intimidation. The ogre models are a pretty big size, cause fear and seem daunting but while playing you'll find that these broots are rather easy to kill.
A tactic of mine used to great affect is to have ironbreakers (or warriors with heavy armour and shield will do) take a charge, then counter charge with longbeards or hammerers or great weapon warriors.
Another thing is a tooled up dwarf lord will kill anything even their tyrants and bruisers so don't be afrade to challenge him.
be sure and take a runesmith to deny the ogres their magic, which is mostly used to enhance their own units. Just take all this into account and you should should do just fine.