Ogre meat! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ogre meat!

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

2 (x1)

Ogre meat!

I had it out with the Ogre Kingdoms at 2000 points. He had to get 1/3 of his points into my deployment zone to win. It was a close game.

My flame cannon was my MVP causing units to flee, killing a Hunter, two Yettees and about 6 Ogres. One of my Thanes did well also, leading a unit of Warriors and claiming a unit of Ogres and a Gorger.

Otherwisee my units did nothing...

My Crossbow men (Should of taken thunderers) disappointed. They took one wound off an Ogre, fled from a charge and then never rallied.

However my Lord (I use the Gimli model from LOTR) was a total failure. He failed to kill an ogre. He had a +1 save and a +4 ward save and got killed on 5 wounds on the 3rd turn (I also burned a Rune of luck to try and save him). His tooled up 100 point weapon did one wound. He always roles like crap.

I won the battle because he did not have enough points in my zone, however I had very little left. I did some damage, but his lords and heros were too tough for me. I won, bbut it did not feel like a victory.

Overall it was fun but frustrating because my Lord always ends up sucking hard.

2. Remove Advertisements

1 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

451 (x8)

i recomend the lord of pain its served me very well at all times and doesent get to costly

dwarf lord
    gromril armour , shield , rune of stone , run of resistance (2+ save with re-rolls)
    Mro swiftness , rune of cleaving/rune of fury/rune of might (each works well but vs ogres i roccoments either cleaving or might)

he comes out at a round 225-230 points (depending on second rune) and thanks to the mro swiftness can kill a few guys (or in this case an ogre) and defend your guys (mro swiftness strikes before charges - this was confirmed by gav in a FaQ)

spambot kill tally: 79

[16:19] <@Alzer> Arky's right though
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> I know he is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> He usually is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> Sometimes it's intentional.
    [00:01] <+zubus> i love you, ya skirt wearin nothern monkey! ^_^

+ Reply to Thread