Librarium Online Forums banner

600pts dwarf v. lizard man battle, dwarves lose, i need help.

592 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  thurgor 
#1 ·
the dwarf army:
the clearers of the under way:
thane
gromil armour
rune of speed
rune of iron
rune of might
rune of furnace

dragon slayer
rune of fury

rune of striking
in the batte my dragon slayer had master rune of gromil, but as the guy below pointed out it is illeagel
12xdwarf warriors
full command
heavy armour
sheilds

15xcross bow men
standerd bearer
veteran

bolt thrower.

they had (minus the equipment, i do not know that.)
scar veterain

skink priest

12xsaurus

10xskinks

16x skinks.

now heres the report:
DEPLOYMENT
the cross bow men deployed in single rank so they all could fire covering the main road, to their left where the warriors and the thane, to their right was the dragon slayer. the bolt thrower was on some high grounds on the left flank, it could see most of the battle field, the saurus deployed on the main road, facing the crossbow men, while skink unit 1 (16man, or lizard)deployed in some jungle terrian on the left flank, while skink 2 deployed behind a forest.
TURN 1. DWARVES.
the dragon slayer marched towards the skinks in the jungle terrian, while he walked off searching for death, 15 bolts from the crossbows flew towards the sarus, 7 hitting, 4 wound, 1 failed armour save, not very impresive. the bolt thrower though could not draw line of sight to the sarus, the wood was in the way.

LIZARD MEN.
the saurus advanced down the road, un aware of the fire storm they had just endured, i mean, they are that thick, while skink 2 moved into the wooded area, blow pipes ready. the skinjk preist attempted to thrower a metior shower over my men, but my dice had other thoughts, even though i didn't havem to role them, i 4 and 1 6, take a wound, .

TURN 2 DWARVES.
the dragon slayer continued his long walk toward skink unit 1. again the cross bow men fired upon the sarus, managing to kill yet another 2. the bolt thrower still couldn't see the sarus, but instead fired at the skink unit 2, and mangaled 1.

LIZARD MEN.
skink unit 2 moved out of the wood and into open terrian, skink unit 1 still did not move, the sarus still advanced toward my cros bow men, and now where 10 inches away. the skink priest killed him self trying to bring metiors down upon my lines, so no more magic yay! skink unit 1 threw their javalins at the dragon slayer, but missed every shot...

TURN 3 DWARVES.
the dragon slayer charged into the skink unit 1, again the cross bow men fired at the sarus, and again did next to nothing, but still managed to make the last part of the last rank drop to thier knees and fall flat on the ground. the bolt thrower fired! and missed. the dragon slayer killed 2 skinks.

LIZARD MEN.
The sarus marched forward, and where 2 inches away from my cross bow men. skink unit 2 blew as hard as they cold on their blow pipes, and killed 1 dwarf in the warrior unit. in combat the skinks still got massacered, 3 more being killed, they decided to leg it, after causeing a wound on my dragon slayer, grrr. they fled off the table.

TURN 4 DWARVES
the cross bow men reformed into 3 ranks while the warriors charged skink unit 2, they fled into the woods. the dragon slayer marched towards the sarus. the bolt thrower missed. this was starting to tick me off.

LIZARD MEN.
The sarus charged my cross bow men with and alimighty roar, the cross bow men held.skink unit 2 rallied in the woods, 2" inside it. the sarus butchered 3 unluckly dwarves, the lizards wining due to their musician, and i rolled a double 6! i'm really annoyed now!!! my cross bow men fled to 3" away from the table edge.

TURN 5 DWARVES
My cross bow men still ran off, while my warriors refromed in front of the bolt thrower, the dragon slayer ran towards the sarus, still out of charge range, he only moved 3". the bolt thrower fired, and killed 2 sarus,

LIZARD MEN.
the sarus wheeled around and charged my warriors who held. skink unit 3 went into the open and shot all 3 of the bolt thrower crew down. the combat was adesive draw, each side killing 1. and the thanes duell acounting for nothing.

TURN 6 DWARVES
the dragon slayer ran towards the sarus. in combat the dwarves got buthcered and only the thane managed to kill 1. THE DWARVES FLED. the lizards ran forward and killed all my men

LIZARD MEN.
not much happened in this turn, the sarus turned around. and then all the 10 skinks blew their blow pipes and killed the dragon slayer! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

See less See more
#3 ·
there are plenty of lizard players at m club and a list that works wonders for me is ...

Thane (of pain) 100/105pts
Master Rune of Gromril,
Rune of Cleaving or Rune of Might
this thane can be used for killing saurus or saurus characters. Cleaving for saurus, Might for Saurus characters.

12 Thunderers 183pts
Musician
Standard Bearer
Thunderers have the -2 save modifier and get the +1 to hit at short range which makes them better than crossbows when shooting saurus

11 Dwarf Warriors 136pts
Great Weapons,
Heavy Armour,
Musician,
Standard Bearer,
Warriors with great weapons would have be good to have when your crossbows got charged. They would have delivered the counter charge on the flank and overwhelmed the saurus dudes.

12 IronBreakers
Musician,
Standard Bearer,
These are the toughest troops you have and will beat any saurs unit he can throw at you. They are not only tougher than dwarf warriors they can dish out lots of punishment too.

This list has each unit supporting each other so no matter where he attacks he's still gonna be hacked to pieces.

P.S. I'm with Sandhawk03 on this one, 2 charcters is too much for 600pts

#5 ·
sure, ne way, my slayer is really good in the small battles against this lizard man army, as he can get rid of the annoy large skink unit, which normally harries my lines, i was rather looking forward to some change in tactics... but i will take your advice and try it out!

#7 ·
yeh, ok, i'm using the ungrim iron fist person at the mo, :D i'm getting a unit of slayers 4 my 1000pts force.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.