king Gotrek Starbreaker vs. Pheonix king Caledor the II - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

king Gotrek Starbreaker vs. Pheonix king Caledor the II

Yesterday at the gaming club I go to, a friend of mine (who happens to be an elf player. Strictly pre-war of vengeance) mentions that there's no way a "fat headed stunty would beat a bonified Pheonix king" after reading the war of vengeance page. I told him that weedy pencil-neck elfs are no match for dwarf characters hands down. At that I tell him we'll do a historic re-fight where we both create the toughest meanest character our army books will allow. I said that I'll tell him the maximum points value each character can be this saturday and I don't quite know to set the limit at. I also need some help with learning what the elves have for war-gear so I can counter any tricks he might pull and any info would be greatly appreciated.

AND MAY ELF BLOOD FLOW LIKE ALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

are yall going to be using the war of vengeance special rules?
    Beer, Pipes, and Guns... Dwarves had the right idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We won't be fighting armies, just his character against mine and it represents the fight between Starbreaker and Caledor. I just need some suggestions on what I should make the points limit for the individual characters and a summary of the high elf war-gear section so I'll know what to expect. He challenged my honour and he'll pay in blood for his incolence!

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Intresting...

IMO I'd use the rules for the WoV, as it means over half the Master Runes and no longer Master Runes and a dwarf lord has 150pts of runes available. It does also mean his elf gets access to a few nice magic items they can't normally have.

As to limit, I'd say don't have one. But a few set rules -

* No mounts
    * No magic (Bar bound spells)
    * May not exceed the magic allowance for the character
    * Use WoV/WotB rules and allowed full access to all magic items available.

KU

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was dabbling with the thought of 200pts of war-gear which is alot but should make for an interesting game. Here's my list ...

Dwarf Lord 430pts (195pts of War-gear)
    Master Rune of Breaking
    Rune of Cleaving
    Rune of Cleaving
    Master Rune of Gromril
    Rune of Resistance
    Master Rune of Spite
    Pistol

This Lord is more defensive in that he has a 1+ re-rollable save and a 4+ ward in CC. He also destroys any magic weapon the other character has and fights with 4 S6 attacks with one S4 armour piercing attack in the first round of combat; and then uses the pistol for a +1 attack giving him 5 S6 attacks at -3 amour save. All critisisms are welcome or if you have an even better Dwarf lord combo, just remember that the maximum amount of war-gear is 200pts.

Now 17% more helpful gingerninja's Avatar
    In the ninja lab.......of course it exists!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

Just be careful because your opponent can nulify your equipment at this level too!! Here is a sample lord that your opponent could put together at 200pts of magical items.

Elven Lord
    Armour of Protection
    Helm of Fortune
    Enchanted Shield
    Sword of Ages
    Talisman of Saphery

This will give your opponent a 3+ rerollable armour save, a 4+ ward save, no magical weapon can be used against him and he will gain +1 to hit with his 5 St6 attacks.

This means you will hit him on a 4+ and wound on a 3+, but he will get 3, 4+ saves before he suffers a wound.

Where as he will hit on a 3+, wound on a 3+. Although you will have the same saves, so it is evenish, but over time I think he will win.

Hope this helps
    New LOChat functions now avaliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine View Post
    Dr Gingerninjas therapy room for kids with a poor grasp of both english and Warhammer, please take a ticket from nurse deciever

Need a list designed for any Fantasy army: Click Here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you mean "magical weapons can't be used against him", all Dwarf characters have are magic weapons. If anything he cant use his weapon against me because it will break if I score a hit in him. Could you please explain why I can't use a magical weapon so maybe I can work my way around it.

Now 17% more helpful gingerninja's Avatar
    In the ninja lab.......of course it exists!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

The ability he gains means all magical affects of weapons in base to base contact with him are lost. So instead of a magical great axe, you get a great axe. All the runes on the weapon won't work!!

This means your ability to break his weapon will be gone.
    New LOChat functions now avaliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine View Post
    Dr Gingerninjas therapy room for kids with a poor grasp of both english and Warhammer, please take a ticket from nurse deciever

Need a list designed for any Fantasy army: Click Here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok. This is a more defensive lord that should be able to withstand what he can dish out then dish it right back.

Great Axe
    Master Rune of Gromril
    Rune of Stone
    Master Rune of Adamant
    Master Rune of Spite
    Rune of Resistance

I will strike last but have a T6 1+ re-rollable save with a 4+ ward. he gets 5 attacks, hits on 3+ re-roll, lets say all hit, he has to roll 4+ to wound, he'll get 3 at best, then my armour save which is deducted to 4+ re-rollable, I save 2 at the very least, then my 4+ ward. This guy will be lucky to even scratch me. I get 4 attacks I will hit him on 4+, 2 hits, then 2+ to wound, all wound, his save is deducted to a 6+ save then probly no saves, his 4+ ward saves 1 wound and he is dealt 1 wound with only 2 left.

What do y'all think about that. Pretty sweat combo!!! :p

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it doesnt matter the dwarf king beat the elf king im sry evles

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast