Fighting Against... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Fighting Against...

G'day my fine lords and ladies; I hereby present this thread to you all for use in the fighting against Dwarfs. This is to be used in whatever way you all seem fit but the idea I have behind this is...

A tactica type thing. All generals are welcome to post here any tips, tactics, unit break downs, do and don't of the armies and all list break downs (note - not army lists but maybe a skeleton list used to build off etc)

Well that's the idea, I hope it works. I will be watching these and any abuse of thread or things I decide that are not to be in here will be deleted without warning.

KU

Last edited by King Ulrik Flamebeard; September 24th, 2005 at 18:43.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dont use magic against dwarves. You need some serious magic muscle against an anti magic army. Harrassment is good if they field a lot of warmachines, and long range is good against dwarves because they are slow.
    Last edited by Gerowshow; September 28th, 2005 at 02:37.
    You know what would really be scary? Yeah. I know that you know that i know that you know that i know what i'm thinking:
    War Titans for 40k. Muahahahaha! They'd be like 50,000 points.
    (This rambling brought to you by too much Caffiene)
    -
    W/D/L
    Space Marines - 1/0/0
    Night Gobbos - 1/0/0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    198 (x7)

Set up more than 1 unit against 1 unit of dwarves and flank charge them and kill them wiht combat resolution. Try to use your hard hitters (ogre type units, knights etc) against the tough units. Weaken your opponent's units with bowfire and your own artillery before you go in for the kill, always think ahead, don't just think where he is, think where he will be next turn (probably pretty similar ) and out-manuver them so you can have flank and rear charges. If your really lucky and your opponet lets you you can even suround the enemy and thats when you know they are doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Bogan
    Teno, you are so godlike I almost creamed my pants!
    Tenozuma - The Burninator... I came, I saw, I posted.
    Dark Eldar player.

Feel free to PM if you want any advice or help with anything.
    Assume everything I say has a "what I think" disclaimer.

Hang out with all the other Aussie and NZ members at The ANZAC Clan.
    Need advice, want to talk warhammer or just want a laugh? Come on LO Chat. http://www.librarium-chat.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if u have access to a fear causing unit or banner that makes ur unit cause fear then take so that u can auto brake them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When fighting against dwarves ensure you know their special rules. Worried about those slayers toss them some snotlings if you are a Orc and Goblin player. Against warriors and most of the dwarf special infantry hit them with some chariots or enought heavy hitters to steal any hope they have of striking back.

If you are going magic ensure you bring enough. A pure goblin army can come at you with 3-4 L1/2 shaman and a L3/4. Mix in the bound items and tons of damage causing spells and you can wear down even a mighty dwarf player because they will run out of DD soon enough (speaking from being on the receiving end of it myself in tourny play). A bunch of S4/S6 magical attacks will sap their dice and then you spring on them the spells that let you auto wound or strike again if using the greenskin magic. Basically there is a ton of magic out there that can be a problem for dwarves.

As for shooting focus enough to steal some rank bonus and then get the war machines which have less armor. Sure you will hit the machine to little effect but that harrassing fire will make most dwarf players focus on your shooters instead of your big blocks. So turn 1 hit RNF massed units then on turn 2 get the machines. After that if a dwarf unit emerges from battle in HTH by failing to overrun light them up again and steal more rank bonus. Ultimately shooting is to set the stage for some follow on HTH rounds or for VP. SO if a unit is only 1-2 models over half strength focus on them and earn those VP, hopefully while getting more rank bonus gone.

Now if you can catch a character out of a unit bring in the pistolers, light cav or fliers and get them especially if they are a BSB or runesmith. That will help you dramatically in the long run.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Flanks are any Dwarf's bane.

Use cavalry to smash into the side of the force or anything similar, Gorgers e.t.c.

He will die...
    Do you play chess? Join the chess clan! Also part of The Musician Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

unless the unit has a lord/thane on an oathstone gets rid of flanks and rear

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you play a battle at home it could be very usefull because eventually your oponent has to charge it.on tournaments if to heavely outkitted the unit will miss it goal because it probably would be ignored the whole battle.
    at home it works good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Taruan
    unless the unit has a lord/thane on an oathstone gets rid of flanks and rear
    I don't really know about playing against Dwarfs, I just know as a Dwarf player how I lose.

A really effective army was slayers on one flank and thane with oathstone on the other.

But this is unlikel in small games, so try and persuade Dwarf opponent to play 500 - 1000 pt battle then use fast cavalry (pistoliers are great) and Dwarfs will have a LOT of trouble. :yes:
    Do you play chess? Join the chess clan! Also part of The Musician Clan

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dwarven infantry: Divide and conquer, harrass, flank, like they said before.

Elite dwarves: War machines work fine.

War machines: Skirmishers and flyers work wonders.

If you can get aroudn their anti magic thing lore of life or heavens would be amazing. Just think, consistant pummeling with master's of wood and stone would crippe even dwarves. And the comet, well, the dwarves aren't going anywhere.
    "Heresy is like a garden weed, it won't stop feeding until you... BURN THE WHOLE DAMN GARDEN WITH A FLAMER, BURN IT, BURN IT TO HELL!!!!!" "Is there a wittle puppy in the garden? ITS A DAEMON! BURN IT!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast