Rune of Fate - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rune of Fate

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x4)

Rune of Fate

I was wondering if any of you longbeards could tell me how the Rune fo Fate works. Is it:

1) The first time an opponent successfulyl wounds you you get to make a 2+ ward save, regardless of if your armour saves it or whether you pass or fail the ward save you lose the save after this point.

2) You have a 2+ ward save until you lose your first wound (Like the DE Shadowfield in 40K)

Personally I think 2) makes more sense given that its 35 points and if 1) is true it would cost more like 5-10, but the wording is unclear, just what does it do?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Hmm.. this is a question that to my knowledge has never been answered. It's never been explained or FAQ'ed that I can see. But I can see your thoughts when it comes to the rune; the 2+ ward from then onwards would make sense but then it is rather cheap for that. I believe it is the first option - sad but for its cost I would say that would be correct.

But I wouldn't worry too much, the new book comes out in about a month or two; it should be better explained there. Hopefully.

KU

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have always read it as your first option listed and never thought of it as the second, its a shame but for 35pts to have a semi-permanent 2+ward save would be called beardy at the best of times.:shifty:
    Only A Dwarf Can Appreciate A Hairy Woman

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x4)

I guess the reason 35 points didn't seem too unreasonable was because the 40k equivalent is only 25 points! As said though new book soon so I will quit worrying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

put it this way. its a 5 in 6 chance you get another wound.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The equivalent of that item costs 40 Points in the LM army book, and for a 6 in 6 chance of another wound Strigoi pay 50 points. Definetly the first option.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x1)

True about the strigoi but the catch there is an extra wound means you can heal up to that higher starting value, and we all know vampires are quite capable of doing that. It makes less sense for Brets who get the same thing. Theirs should cost even less since its overriding their blessing or maybe say regenerates on a 2+ so you still get the wardsave.

+ Reply to Thread