New Dwarfs - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Dwarfs

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

New Dwarfs

So with the new dwarfs just around the corner I haven't seen much here about them, so lets keep it to one thread for the moment. We have all seen the rumours about the net - if not, why not and tough - so; what do we all think of the army?

From what's known what you you like or hate about the changes and models?

I don't like some of the new models, the war machines to me seem odd with no wheels - ok gives the impression of them being extremely static but they look odd. The longbeards as well, looking at the plastic variation of them I don't really like them. For me they lack proper long beardedness (new word? O_o ), I will see what they're like when I get a packet of them but from what I've seen I hope to be able to get hold of the metal ones still.

I can say the same of the Thunderers, the guns look too short and stocky to even look anything like a masterpiece of mechanical engineering. Also the heros and lords, some look ok but others I can't see the point in - who arms a charcter (other than an engineer) with a pistol? The engineers and runesmiths I actually like, many look rather characterful.

Rules changes I have heard of, some I like others I don't. I hate the loss of the move and fire with thunderers, it invalidates a valid tactic and once more limits our manouverability. Some of the runes seem ok or worthless - heard of one giving stubborn for a single turn on a four plus. :huh: I'm still not completely sold on the plastic warriors either - something bugs me about them.

Ok, good news - some nice sounding runes. MRoKragg the Grim; keeps the GW properites but can add runes. So finally we can have a S7 dwarf lord! Rune of Smiting returns, also one negates KB and poison. Some of the stuff hear makes me very happy and in my opinion it has been needed for a while.

Longbeards as core and can pass on their abilities? Yes please, where do I sign up? Oathstone, after reading Grudgebearer this sounds great - unit has no flanks or rear. They are going nowhere, then add in the hammerers stubborn and supposed abilities vrs fear. Woot. Something I love is that characters come with GA as standard and T5 for all... oh and the slayers +1 per slayer character.

So, what's your thoughts?

(Ps - I get my army this coming weekend hopefully ^_^ )

KU

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i like most of the changes, i just wont be using thunderers anymore, i dont see the point, i think the extra range is better than +1 shooting, not to mention the price. Also I loved the old LB models. I don't like the fact that they didn't give the dwarf lord S 5, has no-one noticed this but me...vampire thrall S5, Dwarf LORD S4. The starter set kind of annoyed me too, it didn't seem like nearly as good a deal as the Wood Elf one.

I know this is kind of off topic, but is grudgebearer good, i was thinking about reading it.
    Mr. Burns: Why is everyone being so insolent today?

Smithers: Well sir, it is christmas...

Mr. Burns: I'll decide when its christmas!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

The change I like the most is the rune allowance of slayer carcters, and salyers are now not limited to 0-1, I'll be able to convert my slayer army (wich every player hates to play against, regardless of what I use) into a dramatically less cheesy armylist.

the lsayer weapons are very cool, choosing inbetween great weapon or 2 hand weapons.
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes.. the book, grudgebeared.. if that was what you meant by it.. is a pretty good book, not the best IMO. Some of the other books are better, but then again.. Im a pesky Elf.... so i realy wouldnt care for Dwarves.

Cheers,

Commander

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x2)

i like the new character models a lot. and the fact that the war machines arent wheeled anymore is not very smart..... how do the dwarves move them? i dont think its very effective. as for the strength thing...... vampire are empowered by the dark necromantic energy flowing through them and it increases their strength and agility considerably. a dwarf has his limits.
    Do it fer da ladz, come join da Ork Klan here!

Blood Axes W/L/D-------- 9/7/3
    Warboss Grorg of the Ork Klan!
    Commander of the Rebel Alliance in the STAR WARS CLAN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

150 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderEthalin
    Yes.. the book, grudgebeared.. if that was what you meant by it.. is a pretty good book, not the best IMO. Some of the other books are better, but then again.. Im a pesky Elf.... so i realy wouldnt care for Dwarves.

Cheers,

Commander
    Watch your tongue there elven swine, you don't want to find out the proper hight of an elf to be 6 feet UNDER!

This reminds me of my great grand father Kraggi who knee caped an..... ***grumbles off*** ^_^
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didnt Warhammer Dwarves come out like a few years ago. I could have sworn I saw it come out when i was in high school. Whats with making another one so soon?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x2)

good question.... especially with the HE needing a revision so badly..... oops! wrong place to say that! ARGGH!!! *crushed by a flood of dwarves*
    Do it fer da ladz, come join da Ork Klan here!

Blood Axes W/L/D-------- 9/7/3
    Warboss Grorg of the Ork Klan!
    Commander of the Rebel Alliance in the STAR WARS CLAN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, i like the looks of the grudge thrower and bolt thrower, they both look more dwarfish. I'm wandering if the book will include the slayer army rules with runes for doomseekers that can be in a regular army, not just a slayer army.
    i need to find something interesting to put here

Ok Scotty, jokes over... NOW BEAM UP MY CLOTHES!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

150 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by cllzzrd19
    lol, i like the looks of the grudge thrower and bolt thrower, they both look more dwarfish. I'm wandering if the book will include the slayer army rules with runes for doomseekers that can be in a regular army, not just a slayer army.
    Doomseekers and slayer skill aren't a part of it wich will make a slayer based army much more challenging to play. At least they aren't 0-1 anymore.

The slayer weapons is a big improvement too.
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast