My Dwarf Lord Please Read. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello.

Is my dwarf Lord any good

Gromril Armour, shield, Handgun

I know the Handgun may be a waste of points but I wanted to be able to fire at the enemy as it advances towards the unit my Lords in. Seeing as the Lord has high BS!
    I think lol

Runes

Rune of Stone (( armour save now 2+ ))

Master Rune of Spite

Master Rune Of Alaric the Mad

Rune of Might

Against Elves and such ( if there not using a dragon ) I will swap my rune of might for a rune of cleaving

Thanks For reading! any advice GREATLY appreciated!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Ok, lets take a look:

Gromril Armour, shield, Handgun
    Your right the handgun's not worth it. If you want to shoot them with a handgun use thunderers, you get lots more shots.

Rune of Stone
    Master Rune of Spite
    Master Rune Of Alaric the Mad
    Rune of Might
    Some nice runes here. Rune Of Stone, ever useful (I always try to find room for one).
    Master Rune of Spite this I like, but you don't always need it sometimes 2 runes of iron is enough or just your armour save.

And Master Rune Of Alaric the mad, I've thought about using this. If used with Rune of cleaving or two should allow me to take out those high armour knights. Although I prefer MR of Swiftness and rune of cleaving or two. But I wouldn't use rune of might unless you know you'll be coming up against a high T model. I would use Cleaving, that way your always striking at S5.

Hope that'a helped.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks I know the Handgun is a waste of points but I am stubborn about such things as I tend to roll low numbers when firing with a unit and high numbers when rolling a single dice.

I know rune of cleaving is good but I am expecting my dwarf to kill anything nasty in combat if my artillery dosn't get the job done. Also dwarfs have toughness 5 so it is alright to assume other races have toughness 5 characters that I want to be able to kill easier than they can kill me.

But as I said if there is nothing with toughness 5 or more I will give him a rune of cleaving.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Actually most armies only have T4 characters, eg Humans, elves, Skaven. The only ones I know of with T5 are Dwarfs, Chaos, VC and O&G. Also the rune of cleaving will do great, add another and you'll have S6. This is a great bonus as you'll be wounding almost anything on a two.

Also if your coming up against someone with dragons or monsters, this is what SLAYERS are used for (I love slayers).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats a good point but strengh 5 isn't bad and anyway against Chaos and stuff I want to make it so the Chaos fear my general mwuhahaha lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1372 (x8)

He'll fear a S5 lord with MR of Alaric the mad, just as much as one that's gonna wound on a 2+. If you really want him to fear you give the lord MR of Skalf Blackhammer with 2 runes of Fury, then watch the Chaos lord wet himself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol but I doubt he'll fear a dwarf lord with rune of cleaving anyway Choas lords have toughness 5 don't they? *smirks as he prepares to score out another grudge*
    Giving me strengh 8 mwuhahahaha wounding on 2+ love this game

hitting on 4+? wounding on 2+ no armour save...I like...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1372 (x8)

Erm, MR of Skalf Blackhammer = auto wounds ie no roll to wound. So that combo 6 auto wounding attacks, hitting on a 4+.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It sounds
    good but unfortunatly Choas tend to have a 1+ armour save escpecially in Lords...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1372 (x8)

Yeah, I suppose but your Rune of Might is only useful vs the Lord, Greater Daemon, Daemon Prince, Chariot and a Chaos spawn. Everything else has T4 or less, so my combo of MR of Alaric the Mad and 2 Runes of cleaving will let you wound almost anything on a 3+ or better.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast