Hello - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello

Hi, I recently got the new Dwarf Battalion Boxed set, and now I might need some help getting a good army together. What do you guys prefer to use or find the most effective? I don't have the army book yet (sold out at my comic store), but I plan to get it by next week. If you guys could help out with what units are good or some good tactics please do!

Thanks,
    Izzetio

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my personal preferance in a small army would be at unit of 20 warriors, hand weapons, shields, full command. this unit is tough as nails and can cope with any low toughness unit. then i would have a unit of another 16 or 20 with great weapons and all the other extras. this unit has a slightly lower armour save in combat but will dish out a lot more damage due to higher strength.

wouldn't really waste points on special units and spend that on war machines. runesmith and a thane. of course. you won't need the runesmith if fighting an enemy with little magic such as a chaos korne army.

dwarf book is awesome too. some decent improvements to the old edition. happy gaming.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Greetings and welcome aboard.

I too have recieved a Dwarfs Box for XMAS. Looking forward to learning about them and building an army. I have got the Dwarf Book and have just started reading it. It is really good.

Good luck.
    Armies (W/L/D)
    Imperial Guard: 2500pts 10/0/1, Space Marines: 2000pts 22/0/3
    CSM: 1750pts 5/0/0, DE: 1850pts 19/0/1, ORKs: 2500pts 11/1/0,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

another question.
    In the box, they give u the choice of cannon or organ gun. What do you guys prefer? I'm not totally sure which one is better so suggestions?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    451 (x8)

well both the cannon and organ gun are built for different uses.

the cannon is an effective weapon to use against lance formations and large mosnters due to its bouncing and incredible S rating.

the organ gun is our answer to all those pesky flyers and skirmishers with 2-10 auto hitting hits a turn. its also worth aiming at knights or other elite units as it can eat past armour like butter on most units.

spambot kill tally: 79

[16:19] <@Alzer> Arky's right though
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> I know he is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> He usually is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> Sometimes it's intentional.
    ----
    [00:01] <+zubus> i love you, ya skirt wearin nothern monkey! ^_^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x2)

If you're at all handy with modelling, you can probably squeeze out both. Pick one and build it on the frame. Take the other one (My preference was for the Organ Gun, because of the old model.) and create a frame for it. It could be as simple as cutting two pieces of foam board into roughly the correct shape and using hot glue to hold your cannon/gun piece along with an extra cross piece between them. You could also try to make a rectangular box for the Organ Gun to sit on and use green stuff to make it look like it was done in stone work (like the old organ gun.)

+ Reply to Thread