Dwarfs Vs Elfs Need Advice - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be precise I am playing a Dark elf and a High elf player.
    Niether of them have any big stuff like dragons all they have are horses/Cold ones
    in their armies.

I am using firing wise.

Organ gun (( i'm not sure if I should use this because some people say it's unreliable and so isn't very good. I thought of maybe swapping it for a cannon?))

Bolt thrower with: Rune of Penetraiting (( I orginally had 2 rune of penetraiting on the two Bolt throwers that now have 1 but I toned it down against elfs))
    (( Also to save points should I use the points for the runes of penetraiting I took off on other stuff or give it to my other Bolt Throwers? ))

Bolt Thrower with: Rune of penetraiting, Rune of Skewering (( I want to hit his mage because he is hard to hit ))

Bolt Thrower: nothing

Bolt Thrower:nothing

2 units of Handgunners with full command (( I gave them full command because they will be near the front line, short range is effective! ))

My Lord has Hangun (( I know it's a waste of points but it's the little things that kill))

Well thats do I need less firepower and more troops because it looks so far as if I can easily outgun the elfs and they move so fast it might be a better idea to make my small units of infantry (( 15 ironbreakers, 15 Longbeards, 20 Warriors ))
    bigger?
    Thanks for any advice!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

First what's the pts you normally play? Second where's all you warriors??!!

Dwarfs are now quite shooty but you will find that with just Thunderers, and one or two infantry units you will have a tough time winning. I would use less bolt throwers and get more units, I can't really help at the moment. Why don't you post an army list or more of what they have, and we'll have a clearer picture.

But as for cav I would consentrate your main fire on them, then wait for the charge. Dwarfs are tough enough that they can take a beating and then pay it back ten-fold.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok I will post my army under the Army List section.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This battle has probably taken place already. . Anywho which side one if it has?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No the battle has not already taken place i'm just finishing my army...sorta, for this game. Be a trial run for this list.

What about you? I assume you collect Dwarfs?

I also would appreciate any advice.

Yours sincerely Ross

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes I play dwarfs but have not bought a new model for almost a whole year. But that will change soon, hopefully. :lol:

Neo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i collect elves and one of the things thats scary about dwarfs is the cannons/ war machines, but the men have there place <_<

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well your enemies biggest weakness is T3 through out their army. Exploit to the best of your ability.

So keep your thunderers for the heavy armoured units since the DHG rule will help you allot there and to keep an element of surprise take a gyrocopter. Taking a gyro gives you the ability snipe off the wizards and other mean characters that decide to walk on their lonesome also it gives you the ability to counter most of the elves attempts to do flank charges.

Elves are a fickle lot and in that way fight fast and rely on that to win, but by taking some well armoured units yourself you will be able to wear them down and eventually defeat them.

Hope it helps, but the best teacher is experience so don&#39;t worry if you loose this battle. Just mark it as a grudge and carry on fighting so that when the time comes to kick elf butt you know how to.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Niether of them have any big stuff like dragons all they have are horses/Cold ones
    in their armies.
    What.. whatreyou.. eh&#33; EREEBEH&#33;
    I play Dark Elves, and they sure do have DRAGONS and War Hydras. Thats not only horses or Cold Ones.

.. knäckt ¬¬

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that Horseman was talking about the opposing army and not elves in genral.

Though if the enemy does have dragons you should not be to worried.

Closed Thread