Help vs. Dogs of War - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help vs. Dogs of War

I've entered a team based tourney, I helped make up the format so I'll give you the lowdown on it before my actual post. 4 teams of 5 players have entered. Team A vs. B and Team C vs. D. Each member of the team faces a counterpart on the other team and which ever team wins the most battles moves on. Only people who won battles in the first round can fight the other team so if team A wins with 4 and team C wins with 3 one player on team C will have to play 2 battles. Thats the basic idea.

Well its next weekend and I've been paired off ageist a person playing Dogs of War I've never met before. I've been informed via a team member of the list they are likely to use and of the Dogs of War rules and cant really find a decent way of countering their force. They know I play dwarves so I dont think they will bother with magic, my fears are:

1. They count on me assuming they wount bother with magic and take it and I'm not prepared for it

2. Charging their Pikemen and Duelists seems like asking for trouble. Fighting in 4 ranks and striking first/standing and shooting and pistols in first round close combat.

I know I can out shoot them like nobody's business but I only have 3 or 4 shooting units in my 1200pts list and they have 2 units of pikemen, 2 duelists and traitorous 2 units of dwarf warriors to boot!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Everdown
    I know I can out shoot them like nobody's business but I only have 3 or 4 shooting units in my 1200pts list and they have 2 units of pikemen, 2 duelists and traitorous 2 units of dwarf warriors to boot!
    all you need is an Organ Gun and a unit of thunderers to seal thier faith. Let them come to you beyond that.

Pikes will need 4s and 5s to wound you, and you get a 3+ armour save to boot. you might loose 1 or 2 models tops for round of combat.
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess never having faced an entire dogs of war army I'm over estimating their abilites.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    178 (x3)

Unless the Dogs of War army uses multiple Regiments of Renown and Special Characters it will be at a great disadvantage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly Nightshade
    Unless the Dogs of War army uses multiple Regiments of Renown and Special Characters it will be at a great disadvantage.
    Definitely, and 9/10 Dogs of War take the DOW army list over regiments of renown.

I actually prefer Regiments of Renown, they are well themed and are much more fun with the special champions!
    Do you play chess? Join the chess clan! Also part of The Musician Clan

+ Reply to Thread