Overkill? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Overkill?

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

Overkill?

You're playing a pitched battle, 2300 points.

Your opponent shows up with a dwarf army consisting of Thorek ironbrow, Malakai's goblin hewer, a flame cannon, and two normal cannons. His core choices are three units of thunderers and the other two special choices are slayers.

How would you, as a dwarf player, deal with an army as sick as this?:x

Ciao

Stonehambey

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well stonehambey, I must say that if I came up against an army like that I'd be most unimpressed. Too much shooting can make a game pretty dull, and in this instance I think I would concede and leave the room without even setting up my troops!

In all seriousness though, I think that you could put up some kind of fight against such an army. Perhaps an army with very heavy magic could get the job done, or fast troops maybe even with ward saves too (such as a brettonian army) could do well. In all honesty though, it would be very difficult to fight against!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

Well I would do this:

" hey guy, I win. "

" Waaah ? my army is invincible, I ownzor you ! "

" Sure you do, but unless you show me a Dragon Slayer or Deamon Slayer in your army list, you have too many units of slayers in your list, therefore I win by technical knockout. "

As simple as that.
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf_Pack
    Well I would do this:

" hey guy, I win. "

" Sure you do, but unless you show me a Dragon Slayer or Deamon Slayer in your army list, you have too many units of slayers in your list, therefore I win by technical knockout. "

As simple as that.
    Hahaha, i totally forgot abt that. ok so drop some slayers and add your fave special choice

This is not a list i'm planning to make or have ever seen, the main point i was getting at was how would a dwarf army deal with something like this??

My main army is lizardmen so i would take a slann and roll all my spells from the lore of life

master of stone, wood, howler wind and rain lord would all give this army problems. As would my scouts/chameleons.

But i'm pretty new to dwarfs (hence the rookie mistake in the idea) and so i wouldn't know how to approach an army like this with the little guys

Ciao

stonehambey

Naggaroth, the land of chill (Canada, Kingston)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf_Pack
    Well I would do this:

" hey guy, I win. "

As simple as that.
    Yup, I'd put up the white flag for this one... or I can give him a kicking back!

He isn't the only one with an army known as "Wall O' Lead!". (I got one too )

I'd just slash that persons car tires before they wake up so they won't show up for the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

I didn't think of that one... (writes it down in his book of grudges, under easy way to settle a grugde)

Well magic could be one way (although thorek alone brings 3 dice, so 7 against you)

I would think that a highly mobile army/skrimish would be able to deal with this list. (wood elves come to mind, but lizardmen also.

Terradons will save your beacon, so would scouting and cameleon skinks (very sneaky units)
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Hex
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x2)

Well, I'd just take a mega cheesy list for dealing with this. How about skaven list with millions of jezzails?
    "Well... that hurt" - Vampire Jon Skellan (Mannfred's right hand man) after being beaten up, falling down an underground waterfall and being impaled by a stalactite.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well they got the jist of it, skirmisher and flyers will decimate the war machines.

I dun play dwarves but isn't the hewer only for slayer armies or is it a special character?

if you chose to go the magic route just OD on skink priests and a 2nd gen slan or sumthin. What;d I'd do (as well as lore of life them to hell ^_^) is a nice DOOM AND DARKNESS! from the lore of death coupled with a panic spell to roll his gun line away.
    "Heresy is like a garden weed, it won't stop feeding until you... BURN THE WHOLE DAMN GARDEN WITH A FLAMER, BURN IT, BURN IT TO HELL!!!!!" "Is there a wittle puppy in the garden? ITS A DAEMON! BURN IT!"

Hex
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by bald inquisitor
    well they got the jist of it, skirmisher and flyers will decimate the war machines.

I dun play dwarves but isn't the hewer only for slayer armies or is it a special character?

if you chose to go the magic route just OD on skink priests and a 2nd gen slan or sumthin. What;d I'd do (as well as lore of life them to hell ^_^) is a nice DOOM AND DARKNESS! from the lore of death coupled with a panic spell to roll his gun line away.
    The hewer can be used in normal dwarf armies as well as slayers... the rules are in the Storm of Chaos campaign book.
    "Well... that hurt" - Vampire Jon Skellan (Mannfred's right hand man) after being beaten up, falling down an underground waterfall and being impaled by a stalactite.

Naggaroth, the land of chill (Canada, Kingston)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfhowl
    The hewer can be used in normal dwarf armies as well as slayers... the rules are in the Storm of Chaos campaign book.
    It can also be taken in an Empire army as well, it counts as a regiment of the renown.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast