dwarf slayers have decided to recruite me to lead them - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dwarf slayers have decided to recruite me to lead them

hey all i have decided to build a slayer army:w00t: yay szo anyways i was wondering what knid of tactics are involved with the slayer aarmy and becideds slayers is there anything else i need to be aware of getting

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -39 (x0)

yes... doomseekers - the rules are awesome (but a tad cheesy if you take too many) - and a potential 10 dead models from 1 seeker...who doesnt want to take them.

havent played a game with them though...but i heard that theyre really good on the field.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind" -Dr. Suess

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

alright so to buy list 20000000000 doom seekers no seriosly probably 4 seekers to tie up units while my blocks move to support

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by hero
    alright so to buy list 20000000000 doom seekers no seriosly probably 4 seekers to tie up units while my blocks move to support
    this might not work to your advantage. you deploy all doomseekers as one, so pacing them to march up to ememy units will be hard, and the stunty legs don't give your units enough speed to go far enough for a flank most of the time.

Your opponent will also brace for impact when you arrive. I use doomseekers as flank guard, and then I throw them in a combat where my other naked dwarfs have engaged.

Try to focus on alot of small blocks, 12-15, and just march down to take units 2 on 1. Your caracters are going to be very well geared if you don't want to end up loosing them, and they also are the ones who make all the combat resolution.
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

alright so how does this look for a basic guide 2 blocks of 15 slayers with champion, 1 unit of 20 men of brother hood , 3 units of 12 slayers adn then 5 seekers plus any characters

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by hero
    alright so how does this look for a basic guide 2 blocks of 15 slayers with champion, 1 unit of 20 men of brother hood , 3 units of 12 slayers adn then 5 seekers plus any characters
    I don't know about the brotherhood. keep them small, and give them a runic standard (master rune of Grimnir comes to mind). At 14 pts they are just slayers with S4 and some wards.

I would play with no more than 3 doomseekers. they are hard to protect from a smart opponent, and you don't want to cheese it eihter.
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okay so low on the grimnir and less doom seekers got it i will post up a list soon

Hex
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf_Pack
    I don't know about the brotherhood. keep them small, and give them a runic standard (master rune of Grimnir comes to mind). At 14 pts they are just slayers with S4 and some wards.

I would play with no more than 3 doomseekers. they are hard to protect from a smart opponent, and you don't want to cheese it eihter.
    I agree with too many doomseekers. You should not have too many, they can die easily. Well I suppose most slayers do . But in CC they're amazing.
    "Well... that hurt" - Vampire Jon Skellan (Mannfred's right hand man) after being beaten up, falling down an underground waterfall and being impaled by a stalactite.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3 Doom seekers max and don't forget the goblin hewer

[Off Topic, Chaos warband fails charges by 1", they're 6 Wide and 2 deep muhahahaha, Lots of dead chaos]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x1)

My friend has run a slayer army agaisnt me several times. I keep telling him to bring long drong's slayer pirates, but hes opposed. Why wouldnt you take one of the only kinds of shooting available to your army , at least a little? Does someone see something that I dont?

+ Reply to Thread