Dwarf Lord option - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dwarf Lord option

Im wondering what you would recommend for a leader if I purchased the Dwarf Battalion (thinking rune-lord because i really like the model and it seems like a descent leader) and any other key units i should purchase with the battalion. For instance if any specific unit like a unit of longbeards etc would drastically increase the combat effectiveness of the army i would really like to know other than that i will purchase a lord and have a nice small army to fight against my sisters bretonnians!!!

~Antilles

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hiya im new to dwarves myself, So as one young beardling to another ill tell ya what i know...

basically if your going to be fighting allot of bretts or other hard hitting armies i would go for a Lord as your general, because your going to need that Extra punch in combat, Runelords as far as i can see are taken for 2 reasons, To create a dwarf marching army (with anvil) or to nulify a magic heavy army.

Bretts dont have very good magic, so again i would lead toward a lord, i myself am getting the battalion and a box of warriors too :yes:

But.....if you reallly reaally love the rune lord model, then go for him, i would also advise getting ya self some Artillary against brets.
    Army of the heavens, my army waits in hell
    To battle on the earth, for all the souls who fell

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    451 (x8)

generally a lord is far better than a rune lord is. the only reason for taking a rune lord in my eyes is if you want to take the anvil of doom as normaly 2 runesmiths can provide just as much anti magic protection for a much lower points cost.

the lord on the other hand is a fantastic deal. he gives all units within 12" an extra point of LD and he is a very flexable character to boot. he comes into his prime however when he is attached to hammerers as he pretty much makes the unit immune to most negitive moral.

statistically he is alot better as well with improved stats pretty much across the board most obviously leadership weapon skill and wounds. he also gets the option for shield bearers (allways worth it). another key feature is his wonderful rune allowance. though its lower than a rune lord its more than enough as you can get a powerful offencive build with runic weapons or an unmovable defencive build with (probebly the best runic section) armour runes.

so breifly unless you are taking the anvil of doom, go with a dwarf lord

spambot kill tally: 79

[16:19] <@Alzer> Arky's right though
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> I know he is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> He usually is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> Sometimes it's intentional.
    ----
    [00:01] <+zubus> i love you, ya skirt wearin nothern monkey! ^_^

Hex
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x2)

I would definitely take a lord instead of a runelord. Instead of going over all of the reasons I totally agree with everything that Arklite has said - you only want a runelord if you're bringing and anvil of doom. Anvils rock, but runelords are just too expensive. You're just much better off with a lord. The anvil also provides an extra dispel dice . Against Bretonnians you'll want a lot of artillery too.
    "Well... that hurt" - Vampire Jon Skellan (Mannfred's right hand man) after being beaten up, falling down an underground waterfall and being impaled by a stalactite.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try this one:

Dwarf Lord
    Great weapon
    Master rune kragg the grim (not 100% sure, the one that lets u keep great weapon stuff)
    Rune of Snorri
    Rune of Might

this give u a lord with 4 attacks hitting and wounding on 2+ against WS6 or lower!

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

If you bought the anvil character you can take thorek ironbrow, who is better than a normal dwarf lord IMO

Ciao

Stonehambey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x1)

If your building an army with a theme in mind I think you could do a pretty nifty miner army. I dont know if it works well in practice but my friend and I had a good chuckle about how evil it would be to have over half your amy not even start on the board =D

+ Reply to Thread