Dwarves with banners - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dwarves with banners

How do my beardy chums

hows things?

ive been busy building up my VC army (i know, Boo Hiss) whilst my mate finalised a rather meaty dwarf throng.

either way, all has been going pretty well. youll all be pleased to hear i have had my tail kicked on more then on occasion.

The way my friend has been beating me is by having 2 units of warriors, and 2 units of long beards, and a unit of slayers.

now each of the the long beards has been given runes to make them fearless (i do like a challenge):cry:

i just wondered if long beards are actually allowed a runic standard as they are now a core choice (i know the old long beards are, just wanted to check (my mate wont let me see his dwarf book incase i see something i could exploit... he has trust issues:shifty: )

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    451 (x8)

long beards are indeed now a core choice adn may have a runic banner of up to 50points.

they are however limmeted by only being allowed to have 1 unit of LB's to every unit of warriors.

spambot kill tally: 79

[16:19] <@Alzer> Arky's right though
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> I know he is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> He usually is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> Sometimes it's intentional.
    ----
    [00:01] <+zubus> i love you, ya skirt wearin nothern monkey! ^_^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Arklite
    they are however limmeted by only being allowed to have 1 unit of LB's to every unit of warriors.
    that's what he has, 2 units of warriors, and 2 units of longbeards, and yes, they can have a rune of courage(30 pts) that makes them immune to fear and terror.

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

(my mate wont let me see his dwarf book incase i see something i could exploit... he has trust issues )
    Woah, uber competitive friend! I think in a game situation he has to let you see his dwarf book if you want to clarify something.

Ciao

Stonehambey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

check the rules for useing runes. specific rune combinations cannot be repeated in a list. so a single rune of courage could not be used for both units of LBs. however a rune of courage combined with another rune on one banner and a single rune of courage on another would be allowed.

his army list is light on shooting (a dwarf strength to the surprise of many of my opponents) and slow to maneuver. focus your assaults on hitting one flank VERY hard and holding up his center and other flank with throwaway undead or raised undead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cheers

Thanks for the replies folks

finally figures the way to beat his fearless units.

pointless attacking on all flanks, cos his boys are just gonna sit there.

he started taking buggermans ranger, whom are fearless, so its just a matter of killing off buggerman and making the unit run as it normally should. (plus he fields it so far up, its got no chance of support :rolleyes: )

The other longbeard unit, usually holding his dwarf lord on sheild bearers (fearless with the rune) is a pretty tricky customer, but as long as i can divert his slayers (guarding unit) into ghouls, then i can get my giant, grave guard or skeleton unit (with wrrght lord or thrall or something meaty) into it, with wolves on the side, kill of the body of his unit, and keep the rest there til the end of the game.

one point i like, is that if he takes all combat, thanes and longbeards, then i can take apart most of his units with some well places spells.

works a treat.

cheers again
    Craig

+ Reply to Thread