Possible player - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Possible player

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Possible player

I am thinking so starting a dwarf or wood elves army so tell me the pros and cons of dwarves some of the troops and tactics and maybe you will earn a new battalion to fight under your banner!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Sword
    I am thinking so starting a dwarf or wood elves army so tell me the pros and cons of dwarves some of the troops and tactics and maybe you will earn a new battalion to fight under your banner!
    Here is a good read about: Dwarves (Thinking Of Starting Dwarves?)

Here is a good read about: Wood Elves (Thinking Of Starting Wood Elves?)
    40K: Tyranid, Necron, Space Wolves
    Fantasy: Dark Elves, Lizardmen, Orcs & Goblins, Dwarves

Hex
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x2)

Here is my guide to Dwarfs. It explains all that you wanted to know about.

http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...tml#post661834 (Complete Runes Guide - A brief study)

Good luck,

Wolf
    "Well... that hurt" - Vampire Jon Skellan (Mannfred's right hand man) after being beaten up, falling down an underground waterfall and being impaled by a stalactite.

Koosh for the KooshLord kooshlord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

99 (x3)

Here's my Dwarf/WE comparison/contrast:

Dwarves are shooty, tough, and magic resistant. WE are shooty, fast, and mobile.

Both can be quite shooty: WE rely on infantry to shoot, Dwarves have good infantry gunners and excellent (and customizable) war machines.

In CC, dwarves rely on big blocks of resiliant ranked infantry for static CC, and powerful characters for damage and challenges. In CC, WE rely on monsters and special abilites of units. They are good at denying rank bonuses and so forth to the enemy, and excellent at avoiding fights if they want to.

Dwarves biggest shortcomings (HA!) are slow movement, and small spellcasting ability (although the anvil of DOOM addresses this a bit). They are also expensive pointwise.
    WE biggest shortcomings are being frail and difficulty in prolonged combats. They are more expensive pointwise.

A dwarf army will typically look like several large blocks of infantry, some small blocks of gunners, and some war machines.

A WE army will frequently include several groups of skirmishers and cavalry, several archers, and some medium and large monsters. Large infantry blocks are comparatively rare.

Hope that helps quickly. The above linked articles will provide you with much more comprehensive info.

Koosh

Hex
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

80 (x2)

Quoted from my big guide which will be coming soon:

DWARFS IN GENERAL

High leadership of 9 and weapon skill and toughness of 4, and very useful extra two dispel dice sums up the good sides of the Dwarfs, and also they hate Gobbos, another bonus but is specific.

Though there are always disadvantages - you only pursue and flee 2D6-1" and have a movement of 3, which means you can't run away. The lack of cavalry and other fast troops is also disturbing, but by fielding Gyrocopters or perhaps Dogs of War cavalry, these problems can be overcome. Dwarfs also cost a lot of pts compared to most armies.

Good luck,

Wolf
    "Well... that hurt" - Vampire Jon Skellan (Mannfred's right hand man) after being beaten up, falling down an underground waterfall and being impaled by a stalactite.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I looked through my friends codex and saw ironbreakers and just fell in love!

I then proceeded with a game with my friend who decided to use beastmen against me and i decimated him with war marchines!

The beasties that got across the field broke against my iron breakers!
    His dangerous looking troll that i was tring to take down did get across the field only to find some slayers to bring him down!

They where great plus i am even getting a ton of free models for my dwarf army as my friend is buying battle for skull pass for the goblins! (damn him and his fast lil greenskins)

I LOVE DWARVES!

Hex
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

80 (x2)

Dwarfs can make your opponent very annoyed.

Just don't take a cheesy gunline army, your friends will get really frustrated and will soon stop playing with you. Then revert to the original 'Refused Flank' tactics - ust look at my guide in my signature.

Good luck,

Wolf

+ Reply to Thread