How Many Dwarfs In Your Units? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

talking to a guy who works at gamesworkshop and who plays a dwarf army about my army list, and straight away he said 16 in a unit isn't enough and that you shouldn't play without at least 20 in a unit, do you guys find this to be true?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Well you don't need 20 but it is always preferable, it will allow you to get it 5 by 4 and still gain rank and have enough to fight back with. Basically the only way your 16 will work is 4*4, so kill one you get one less rank bonus etc but the 16 can work although I would always suggest you try to get 20.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cool, was also wondering whether or not to have 10 thunderes or a gyrocopter, can a gyrocopter attack enemy units that are in cc?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes 20 in a unit is the best way to fight for reasons like ulriks, but also this way you have a solid unit of 20 not 18, 10, 16, 12 you have 20 and with twenty you don't have towoory about will they survive will they die. Don't worry a unit of 20 dwarves is more than a match for any sized unit.

Proof:

Playing vs orcs and my unit of 20 warriors (with all upgrades) are charged by 4 wolf goblin riders in the flank and three trolls in the front, sure I suffered some casualties but my unit was still on the table after 2 turns of combat.

You get what I am saying here?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sometimes when i play i only use 19 warriors. For two reasons:

1) it means i can speand more points on other units.
    2) when i put a character in that unit (only time i use 19) i hate having that one guy at the back.

its just me i guess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sometimes i use 25, sometimes 20 and sometimes 16. 16 is good as you will get more units for the points cost and therefore have more tactical flexibility, but 25 strong units really are tough and are pretty scary
    A Promise to a dead man means nothing.

Closed Thread