Dwarf Specials - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dwarf Specials

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    451 (x8)

ok ive come to realize that what is the point in iorn breakers/long beards/hammerers any thing that they can do a normal dwarf warrio can doalmost as well the only difference is 1 s and 1 ws its pointless
    what are your thoughts

spambot kill tally: 79

[16:19] <@Alzer> Arky's right though
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> I know he is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> He usually is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> Sometimes it's intentional.
    ----
    [00:01] <+zubus> i love you, ya skirt wearin nothern monkey! ^_^

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are stonger fighters. For a few points (3-4 ish) you get higher quality units. Besides there alot of fun to feild and look pretty awesome. I personaly have 15 ironbreakers with Command and 18 Hammerers with command. I havent used the hammerers yet as they are unpainted. I&#39;ll do them now that we have a week of school
    A Promise to a dead man means nothing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not necassarliy I mean the specials can still get better than that so don&#39;t write them off just yet, but I reckon the best way to use sepecials is only for balance between totally shooty and totally CC since they cost more and can do more.

LONGBEARDS ROCK, YEAH&#33;&#33; :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to agree..i friend of mine got so *****ed of &#39;bout this fact that he sold his dwarf army for 50 bucks. and then he got *****ed of at himself for doing so. :unsure:

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

What&#33;&#33; These great units are better than the average dwarf by quite a bit, they have better WS,S,I,LD. These units tend to be the mainstay of your battleline, you can usually count on these units to easily handle anything thrown at them.

The hammerers are among the best you&#39;ll get a WS5, S6 unit that&#39;s stubborn. They won&#39;t be running to far, or too much. Ironbreakers can have the toughest of attacks thrown at them and still survive with a AS, the Longbeards are great they won&#39;t run at all unless broken and come on with a high LD it&#39;s hard to make them flee at the best of times.

They will be the ancor of any line and can handle almost anything, if I have the pts the first thing I go for will be either Hammerers or Longbeards or Ironbreakers. They are the best of the best the dwarfs offer, also they get rune standards and be made much better with this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    451 (x8)

yeah youve got a point i might try iorn breakers dont know yet

spambot kill tally: 79

[16:19] <@Alzer> Arky's right though
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> I know he is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> He usually is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> Sometimes it's intentional.
    ----
    [00:01] <+zubus> i love you, ya skirt wearin nothern monkey! ^_^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hammerers are the best IMO then Ironbreakers then Longbeards. Thats just the way i see it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Spike_alike@Feb 17 2004, 158
    Hammerers are the best IMO then Ironbreakers then Longbeards. Thats just the way i see it
    I&#39;d have to agree with Spike on this one. I hate going up against them and the models look cool
    &lt;a href=&quot;http://www.liquidgeneration.com&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot;&gt;&lt;img src=&quot;http://www.liquidgeneration.com/quiz...nake.jpg&quot; border=&quot;0&quot;&gt;&lt;/a&gt;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope I say Longbeards, Hammerers and then ironbreakers. The reason I put hammerers second is cause everyone is so solid in the fact they will be stuboorn and I am not saying they are not I am just saying that they are not permanently stubborn so it really limits you, while the longbeards are the best of the best WS5,S6,T4 I mean what else is needed to whip butt and another great thing is the runes you can give &#39;em. Man with the right rune a unit of 20 longbeards could kill 30 blackorcs in two turns.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see your point, but no matter what your LD, if im beaten in combat by 4 (Perhaps a knights charge?) then im probably going to run. If im stubborn, then theres no way in hell those pointy ears on horses are gonna break me. Panic generally isnt much of a threat though, since theres no modifiers then LD 9 is more than enough to pass most of the time. Also there going to be neer the general most of the time so thats LD 10 if you have a lord. Thats why i see hammerers best, but thats just my opinion. I have to say i like ironbreakers, they are feared thoughout my gaming group. Longbeards come a VERY close 3rd. There all very close though. I would consider them all in my army

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast