Warmachines and Line of Sight - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Inquisitorial Aspirant librisrouge's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Warmachines and Line of Sight

I was wondering if warmachines can fire over other infantry. I ask this because an empire player shot his cannon at my Warriors and shot through some free company. He claimed because it is a guess weapon it can shoot over the infantry. Does this apply to all cannons? What warmachines can or can't shoot through other infantry, regardless of terrain?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    78 (x2)

The three warmachine types described in the rulebook (cannon, bolt throwers, and stone throwers) all require line of sight from the machine to shoot. Says so in the first or second paragraph under the Firing A Whatevermachine in each machine's section.

A cannon can only shoot over its own troops (or any troops) if it is above their height, on a hill or some other raised terrain that allows a clear line of sight, just like missle troops. Your pal cheated.

Special warmachines that are army-specific and weird are described in their respective army books, but Empire cannon follow the rules in the game's rulebook.

Koosh for the KooshLord kooshlord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x3)

Zanzibar is correct, the empire cannons require hills, or line of sight, or large targets to shoot over their own troops.

Skaven warp-lightning throwers are the only war machines that I know of that MIGHT be able to deliberately shoot through their own troops (and they hurt their own when doing so). And Chaos hellcannons, but I think they are large targets anyway.

-Koosh

Inquisitorial Aspirant librisrouge's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Thanks, this will definately help me with building my Dwarf Army. I also need to talk to my friend.

+ Reply to Thread