New Models? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Models?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Models?

I'm thinking about getting into Dwarfs, but there is one thing that could stop me. Sure the warriors and thunderers are new, but what about the Ironbreakers? The Hammerers? All these awesome selections that will cost over a $100 to field 20 plus full command! I know they're coming out with new miners, but has anyone heard any news/rumors about new ironbreakers or hammerers?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

GW only tend to make plastic versions of units they can sell a lot of, i.e. core units. Don't hold your breath for units like hammerers/iron breakers of which you only tend to see one unit of each in any given army.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

You can make hammerers and ironbreakers from the plastic warrior box

Ciao

Stonehambey

Koosh for the KooshLord kooshlord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Stonehambey View Post
    You can make hammerers and ironbreakers from the plastic warrior box

Ciao

Stonehambey
    Yeah, replace the warrior great axes with hammer heads and *poof* hammerers.

Put the visors on the warriors w/ hand weapon and shield. Use lots of metallic paint. *poof* ironbreakers. However I like the metal ironbreakers, while I hate the metal hammerers. So guess which I bit the bullet and bought?

-Koosh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I heard that GW will be selling their metal models by rank now...
    This would mean that you don't have to pay $45 for the box of metal Ironbreakers and then #15 for the command and be stuck with only 13 models for $60
    You would be getting 5 models that would be a complete rank for $22 or $20. So you would have a choice of 2 regular and 3 command in a box or just a box with 5 regular metal models...

If you check Empire Online store you will find that Greatswords are sold like this...
    http://store.us.games-workshop.com/s...200&GameNav=13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

Grr

Wow that's a big pain in the butt for most armies out there. I really don't like the buy them in ranks of 5 ideas. It does help a little as that way your working on a small amount of an army at a time, however when playing fantasy you usually end up buying 2 boxes + command anyway with dwarves for the metal figures. I've begun trying to find ways to make place fillers to save some money.

Example: making a centerpieces for each unit, my troll slayers will have a troll tied down/ being dragged down by chains which will fill in the back ranks. That way I just need 1 box for a full unit. My Ironbreakers i'm debating making a train or even I giant rock/rune to symbolize they are rock hard
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Plastic miners this summer, I heard rumours of plastic slayers! SLAAAYYERS!! That will be way too awesome if it's true.

Also some time in may there is a limited edition White Dwarf on shield bearers coming out (guy at the store told me) but he is only available for like 3 days....
    Recovering High Elf player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

Accurate

Quote Originally Posted by TolkeinElf View Post
    Plastic miners this summer, I heard rumours of plastic slayers! SLAAAYYERS!! That will be way too awesome if it's true.

Also some time in may there is a limited edition White Dwarf on shield bearers coming out (guy at the store told me) but he is only available for like 3 days....

Plastic slayer would be nice, but I don't see GW putting that one out for at least 6 more mos. There were model pictures in the shop I play at with teh shield bearers pictures. Looked like the White Dwarf on the shield being help up by Josef Bugman and Thorek.
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

I got the new WD yesterday and it lists new units of hammerers, ironbreakers, and slayers as coming out soon. They must be plastic because they are only $20. I had just ordered a full unit of hammerers, which I was able to cancel in time. Whew! I want the new, cheaper ones when they come out!
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wonderful news indeed! I can't wait and I just hope that they won't be some 200 boxes of limited edition plastic sets! What else does it say about the new models? And do you think they will be 20 models in a box?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast