Which heroes can use Shieldbearers? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which heroes can use Shieldbearers?

It came to my notice recently that Thane should be able to use Shieldbearers aswell as long as he is the General. In page 29 the armybook states "A Dwarf General may be carried into battle atop a shield carried by two loyal (and strong) retainers". Sothe character doesnt need to be a Dwarf Lord to ride the Shieldbearers, right?
    And what about Runelords and Runesmiths? If one of them is the General does he get to ride aswell?

"Farewell friend, for I was a thousand times more evil than though..." -=Michael Moorcock "Stormbringer"=-

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Inquisitorial Aspirant librisrouge's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

If you look at the Dwarf Lord entry in the actually army list you'll see that he is the only Hero given the option of shieldbearers. So basically it is only the Dwarf Lord that benefits from the Shieldbearers/Royal Blood rules described in the Dwarf Lord/Thane description page.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oooops. I was completely wrong there, I didn't pay attention at the entry thinking it only concerned the Oath Stone. So only a Dwarf Lord can ride the Shieldbearers.

Thanks
    "Farewell friend, for I was a thousand times more evil than though..." -=Michael Moorcock "Stormbringer"=-

+ Reply to Thread