New Dwarf Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Dwarf Army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Dwarf Army

Hey,
    I'm just finishing a Imperial Guard army for 40K and wanted to try Dwarfs. I was wondering if you have any tips on starting. I'm planning on getting the army book tomorrow.
    thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to say that I'm new to Warhammer and dwarfs as well, but this is how I started...

I got The Battle for Scull Pass that gave me lots of models to start with. As an option you can just trade your Orks and Goblins for another set of Dwarfs. You will get a paperback rulebook, dice, guide to playing and a very good starting point for the army. 2 cannons and crew! 24 warriors (-3 if you want your army to look consistent because you wouldn't use 2nd command models), 12 miners (-3 or -1 for just a standard for the same reason) 20 thunderers - you will pretty much use them 10 and 10 so that is great, 2 slayers, 2 thanes. + terrain pieces that you can convert to represent an entrenchment if using a Master Engineer. If you would like, go ahead and get 2 sets and trade off the OandG parts, this way you will have some serious options to choose from... Oh... and don't buy any miners now... metal ones are expensive and new plastic ones are going to be available soon. With 2 sets you will be all set for around 1500 pt and with 3 you will have around 2000. Hope that was helpful....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, and I heard that GW will be selling their metal models by rank now...
    This would mean that you don't have to pay $45 for the box of metal Ironbreakers and then #15 for the command and be stuck with only 13 models for $60
    You would be getting 5 models that would be a complete rank for $22 or $20. So you would have a choice of 2 regular and 3 command in a box or just a box with 5 regular metal models...

If you check Empire Online store you will find that Greatswords are sold like this...
    http://store.us.games-workshop.com/s...200&GameNav=13
    Last edited by MasksMaster; April 16th, 2007 at 14:44.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Check out the army lists section and see if anything there appeals to you.

I also started with the skull pass set and am adding hammerers and some war machines. And another unit of warriors.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warriors. Just buy endless boxes of 'em.
    Recovering High Elf player.

+ Reply to Thread